Cold

Suggested by ChocoDrake on Fanfiction.net.

Lukas was walking near the outskirts of town when he spotted Jess sitting on a bench all by herself. It had been really cold outside, so Jess wore red sweater and a blue wool scarf, covering her mouth, nose and ears. "Hey Jess" Lukas greeted.

Jess looked up and waved back and put her head back down. Lukas noticed this and sat down next to her. "Is something wrong?" He asked. She shook her head no. Just as she did that, she sneezed, knocking her scarf just blow her nose which was a faint crimson. "Bless you. You're sick arent you?" He asked.

Jess nodded in acceptance. "Why are you out here? Shouldn't you be at home?" Lukas asked.

"Well was going home with my brother, but he told me to wait out here for hime while he went to get some hot chocolate..." She pointed to the cafè behind them. "...and I've been wait here for about half an hour" she said, her voice slightly raspy. She stood up and took a deep breath then fell back down on the bench.

Lukas stood up "Need a hand?" he offered. Jess nodded "Where are you going?"

"Home"

==========

Lukas helped Jess into the living room then filed in soon after. He led her a scarlet couch that was positioned right in front of the fireplace. Lukas threw a couple of logs in the fireplace and lit them using a flint and steel. Jess helped herself to a matching scarlet blanket that was draped over the couch.

Lukas was about to leave the room was Jess wispered his name. He turned around. Jess patted the spot next to her, gesturing him to sit down next to him. He face flushed bright pink as he walked back over to the couch.

The two sat in front of the fire talking for what seemed like hours. Lukas asked Jess a question. No reply. "Um... Jess?" He said trying to get her attention. To his response, he was met by he her falling on his shoulder. His flushed an even darker pink once he noticed. He smiled and slowly picked her head up as he stood up. He gently placed her head on the couch cusion. He pulled the blanket closer to her shoulders and planted a kiss on her forhead.

She smiled

Lukas smiled as he left the room. "Night Jess" he wispered

==========

The next morning, Jess was woken up, feeling much better, by the sound of footsteps slowly dragging across the floor. She sat up and looked around. It was Lukas. His face looking much more pale than usual.

He turned around to notice Jess hanging over the couch looking at him. He opened his mouth to say something but ended up sneezing instead.

"Bless you. Told ya you'd catch a cold"

Sorry if this was a tad lousy. I wrote this at 10 pm, where any idea sounded like a goood one. I just couldn't sleep... Oh well.