Innocence

Suggested by a person who had no name I could find on Fanfiction.net. Also for now on, I will be calling female Jesse, Jess

One a warm spring after noon, Jess and Petra were sitting back to back on top a grassy hill when Jess had an idea.

"Hey Peets--" she started

"Don't call me that" Petra stated flatly

"Wanna have a race to the bottom of the hill?"

"Sure, but I'm tellin' ya, I'm gonna win this" Petra said, standing up and walking over to the edge of the hill, getting into a starting position.

"We'll see about that" Jess said, standing next to her, also in a starting position

"GO!" Jess shouted. The two bolteded down the hill. after about 45 seconds, Jess beat Petra to the bottom of hill

"Ha...I beat you" Jess said out of breath.

"You...you were so supposed to lose. I...I swear I was faster than you" Petra said, also out of breath.

"Maybe you're just too slow" Jess mumbled under her breath

"What did you say?" Petra asked

"Nothing. I didn't say anyting" Jess replied, smiling innocently

"You sure? I thought I heard you say I'm too slow" Petra asked, giving her an unsure look

"No, I didn't say anything. You must be hearing things" Jess said, looking so innocent, you could practialy see the faint halo over her head

Petra couldn't argue wth Jess when she was like this. It was one of the many reasons whe she liked her so much. She layed in the grass, looking at the sky, slightly blushing at that thought.

Jess noticed this and tried to get her attention. "Petra?" She said, waving her hand in her face. "Hello, Earth to Peets." Jess said, smiling.

This caught her attention. "Don't call me that" She complained, snapping out of it.

"Call you what? I didn't say anything" Jess said, her face slowly sprouting an innocent grin.

Petra opened her mouth to say something, then immediately closed it. She knew she couldn't win this argument. Not when Jess was this innocent.

Finally. That took much longer than expected. Although it seems like it was rushed. This somehow took me 3 days to finish. Lets see if Cold is better than this.