"I'm gonna be busy next weekend," Eddie interrupted him. Next weekend, he would be leaving Derry. That would be it for him. Eddie would be gone and maybe no one would care, but the only thing he was concerned about was Richie. He tried to shake off the thought because it was the only thought that could pull him back to Derry. The only thought that would keep him there. He looked up at Peter and waited for him to make a smart ass reply.

"What are you busy with?"

"My mom and I are going to clean the house," he lied.

"Well...." Peter thought for a minute, "Maybe I'll just ask Bill to come with me. He's good company."

Eddie nodded, not caring for a second. "Sure," he said. "You should go look for him right now and while you're at it, you should tell him it's a date because as of right now you are so fucking singl-" Their argument was soon cut off.

So close to breaking up with him, Eddie thought.

"Hey, g-guys," Bill spoke as he walked over to them with Ben, Beverly, and Stanley by his side. "I didn't th-think you guys would be here."

"I don't want to be here," Stan added.

"Bill!" Peter exclaimed happily. His look changed when he noticed Bill's hand placed in Stanley's. "Oh- are you guys like together now or something?"

Bill became slightly red as he turned to Stan and waited for him to answer. Before Stanley could ask Bill out in front of them, he jumped back when he heard Ben gasp. "Eddie," he dramatically stated as Beverly looked at him confused. Ben stepped in front of Eddie and grabbed his hand and pulled it up. "What happened to your hand? It's bleeding?" Ben, Beverly, Stanley, and Bill all looked at the five marks that had blood slowly rising from them.

Eddie sighed and looked down. He felt embarrassed. "It's nothing," Eddie insisted. "I fell on the way here and scraped my hand." The boy glanced at Peter who was giving him the one look he hated most. The good job look. The don't let them know look. Eddie was just so tired of everything.

The three losers nodded their heads and gave him a soft smile. Ben didn't nod with the other three because he didn't believe him. He knew Eddie was lying and he knew where the marks came from. Ben hated seeing one of his best friends like this. Eddie was stuck and someone had to help him. "Didn't you guys get here by Peter's car?" Ben blurted out.

"Oh," Eddie laughed nervously and nodded. "Umm yeah."

All of the losers then turned their attention back to their friend and watched the scene in front of them. "Wait," Beverly joined in, "How did that happen to your hand if you guys didn't walk here?"

"I fell on my way up here and scraped my hand," Eddie responded quickly, his heart began beating faster than usual as he was getting interrogated by his friends. The group grew suspicious when they noticed how nervous Eddie was.

"So you scraped your hand..... on grass?" Stanley questioned, catching on to what actually happened.

Eddie froze, he didn't know what to say. His eyes widened slowly and he just stared at his friends with a frown. He couldn't break out of this one. They had caught him and they were all going to know why his hand was the way it was.