03| GONE BOY

"Well, since my baby left me, well I found a new place to dwell. Well, it's down at the end of lonely street, at heartbreak hotel. Where I'll be, I'll be so lonely, baby. Well, I'm so lonely. I'll be so lonely, I could die..."

-Elvis Presley

(Heartbreak Hotel, Elvis Presley)

2. Richie,

If you're reading this then you've managed to care enough. I'm sorry if I seem a bit sad in this but the worst thing just happened. It reminded me as to why I'm leaving. I got in a fight with my mom again. It wasn't a normal fight though, we weren't arguing about my health, we were talking about you. You see, my mom has this weird feeling. She thinks you're in love with me. I told her she was crazy and that didn't exactly make her happy. My mom doesn't want me with a girl because none of them are as good as her, and she doesn't want me with a guy because that's just 'terrible'. I don't even care anymore, I just want to be with you. That can't happen though, right? I mean two boys together is just wrong. That's what my mom said. None of this even matters because you're with Lizzy.

Richie frowned at the words. He remembered Lizzy, the two had broken up because of Eddie. It had been about a month and Richie truly didn't care about any old moments he shared with her. A lot of things fell into place. Of course, Eddie had feelings for him. It seemed very obvious now that Richie thought about it. He ran his hand through his hair and let out a small sigh. If only Eddie would have told him.

I told Mike about my complicated feelings for you and he said I need to talk to you. I told him he was crazy. He's probably the only one who understands me, even though he doesn't really relate to liking guys. He just gets it. Mike is the only person who can make me feel like it's completely normal to like you. I need that in my life. I'm really gonna miss him when I'm gone.

I also told Peter about my feelings and he just rolled his eyes at me. That's probably because you're with his younger sister. He told me that I need to get over you and just move on. Well, I'll be doing that soon if everything goes smoothly. I'll be gone and out of your life. Isn't that considered moving on? I just told Peter that I will sooner or later. He seems different. He invites me over all the time and he only does it when you and Lizzy are together. It annoys me, so I usually tell him I'm with Mike. I can tell something is changing though. The way he hugs me is different. The way he looks at me is different. The way he talks to me is different. Everything is just different. Sometimes it seems like he stares at me the same way I stare at you.

Richie couldn't help but roll his eyes at the mention of Eddie's ex. This must have been when he started liking the spaghetti boy, he thought. The thought of Peter always made Richie mad. He never liked him.

My feelings could never drive me away. Do you wanna know why I'm leaving? I'm leaving because of my lifestyle. If I would have stayed, I would be stuck with my mom. She was telling me that even after I graduate, she wants me to stay with her. I can't, Richie. I just fucking can't. I really thought I would be free after high school. Well, I'm gonna be free now. I wish it wasn't like this though. I wanted a lot more out of our friendship. I wanted a lot of things. Things don't just come to you. You have to find them or they have to find you.

Have I mentioned how grateful I am for Mike? He just brought me a cup of hot chocolate because he knows how scared I get when it's cold. I adore him. I'm trying to cover up the paper, I would hate for him to see this. It would hurt him.

I don't know why I'm writing these letters to you. I guess, I just thought you deserved to know I was okay. I wanted to give you the reasons why and I wanted you to see how I spent my last months.

You know how I said don't view these letters as a goodbye, well, I mean it. Don't. If you want to then go for it but I refuse to see them as that. Richie, I want you to be happy. This is me saying that you need to let it go. If you're sad, let it go. I don't want to hold you back. That was never what I wanted. I already know you're going to do well. It doesn't matter if I'm in your life or if I'm not. You're going to get somewhere. All of the losers will.

So just let it go.

Even though I want to say don't forget about me, I know I need to say the exact opposite. Richie, forget about me. Remembering and holding onto me will do you no good, so just forget.

Love,

Gone Boy

Richie wanted to find him and give him a piece of his mind. He didn't blame Eddie for running away but he did blame Eddie for not addressing his feelings. A loud groan came from Richie. He couldn't be mad at Eddie because he did the same thing. Richie never told the boy he loved him. He kept playing out different scenes in his head. What if he told Eddie he liked him? Would it change his mind? Maybe he would be with Richie right now or maybe he wouldn't.

His hand flew up to his eyes while he let out an unsteady breath. This was the worst three weeks of his life and he would do anything to change it. If Eddie wanted him to forget about him, did that mean he was doing the same? Was he erasing Richie from his memory? Did he want to forget? The thought of being forgotten by Eddie made him panic. All the thoughts in his head were spinning around and he couldn't control them.

Letting it go? Forgetting Eddie? Richie knew he wasn't capable of doing either. He didn't want to. Eddie was one of the only people Richie cared about and he couldn't imagine not remembering him. For once in his life, he refused to listen to Eddie. He couldn't let it go. He couldn't forget. "Fuck that," Richie muttered. He lifted himself off his bed and gathered all the letters together. He snatched his jacket before grabbing the letters gently. Richie stormed out of his house and entered his truck.

And then he was gone.

A/N: Hey, guys! That was the end of this chapter. I hope you guys liked it.

What do you think? I've been updating at least once a day. I don't know if the story is getting any better, I've been trying though.

-I DID NOT EDIT THIS CHAPTER-
+OR ANY OTHER CHAPTER

Anyway, I really hope you guys have a good day and night.

xoxoxoxo