There were a lot of things Eddie could be doing on a Friday night, yet he was doing one of the worst things. He stood next to Peter at Betty's house. Her parties weren't out of control but there was always a large number of people there. Eddie was shocked when Peter told him that they were going, he knew his boyfriend hated parties but he later found out as to why the two were going together. Bill was going to be there. Eddie didn't care but he didn't want to go. He knew once Peter "demanded" that he go to the party, he would give in and end up being there next to his terrible boyfriend.

"Do you want a drink?" Peter asked him as the two stood awkwardly together. This was something that Eddie wasn't used to, his face scrunched up at the question and he shook his head slightly.

"Drinking cheap beer? With all these underage teens who have no reason to be drinking in the first place?" Eddie questioned, scoffing quietly to himself. "No thanks, Peter. Go right ahead and join them. I came here because you told me to and I'm actually really starting to get tired of doing things because you tell me to do them."

"Whatever," Peter mumbled. "Let's dance-" he stopped, his hand grabbing Eddie's in a harsh manner. When Eddie glared at him, he untightened his grip. "I mean- will you please dance with me, Eddie?"

"Nope," Eddie grinned. "Thanks for the offer though."

"You're very annoying," Peter stated, his face a little red from embarrassment. He kissed his cheek and faked a smile so no one would think they were arguing. Eddie rolled his eyes at the boy he was supposed to be "in love" with. "What? Would you rather be talking to your Trashmouth? He looks like he's having a good time."

Eddie kissed his cheek back, trying to play it off as if they were the happiest couple. "I'd rather be annoying than a controlling asshole," he shot back. "And honestly, yeah, I wish I was talking to Trashmouth Tozier right now. He's my best friend."

Eddie looked around the room and spotted Richie. A small smile reached his face but it quickly disappeared when he saw Lizzy by his best friend's side. He turned to Peter with a frown on his face, he shook it off and shrugged. "If he's having a good time then I'm happy for him. He deserves to have a great time."

Peter looked at his boyfriend before looking around the room for his new crush. When he spotted his sister with her ex, he smirked. Peter chuckled as he began looking for the stuttering boy again. "Have you seen Bill?" he asked Eddie.

Eddie laughed, shaking his head. "I deserve a lot better than you. I hope you know that. I should be with someone who makes me happy. Someone who would put me first no matter what and someone who doesn't control me."

Peter's loose grip on Eddie's hand was now tight. He squeezed the smaller boy's hand and Eddie yelped out in pain. Peter shot a baleful glance in Eddie's direction. "I'm perfect for you, Eds," he whispered, attempting to block out the anger in his voice. "Who do you think that someone could be? Richie?" Peter asked. "If Richie didn't love you before we started dating, what makes you think he'll love if we ever did break up?"

"It's Eddie," he corrected. "And I don't even care if Richie never loves me back. I really don't. At this point, I've convinced myself that he'll never even like me. I'm just tired of all of this. Of you. Of my mom. Of Derry. Richie makes me happy and I love him. I'm sorry but I do. I really love him. I don't feel that way about you."

Peter's grip was worse than tight. His nails dug into Eddie's skin. The smaller boy's skin slowly tore and he felt his hand burn as Peter's nails ripped small amounts of his skin open. Eddie shrugged and yanked his hand away, trying to cover up the pain he felt. Peter was infuriated by what he heard. "I was thinking that maybe we can go on a date next weekend?" Peter changed the subject. He always did that when he was wrong, when he felt anger, or when he knew something bad was about to happen. "We can go to that one diner, I know you like it. The one by our school-"