two

It was cold outside when Taeyong finally headed home, night falling like a blanket over the campus grounds. Still mulling over the mornings events, a sigh escaped him.

Not even his beloved books had been able to distract him from what had happened. He was nervous.

Would Jaehyun still be mad at him for kneeing him?

Was he still mad at Jaehyun for kissing him? No.

Jaehyun had been drunk, he was sure of it. But the whole kneeing incident had been enough to sober up anyone!

He walked into the house, determined to act normal.

Johnny and some girl were curled up on the loveseat in front of the TV, Jaehyun on the other couch.

They seemed to be watching some horror movie where girls were running around screaming and taking off their clothes for no apparent reason. Taeyong knew without a doubt that Johnny had picked out the film.

They looked up as he walked through the door.

"Geez, Taeyong, where the hell have you been," Johnny demanded.

"Why should you care?"

Johnny laughed and hugged the girl closer.

"I don't, really, but I felt it was my duty to look like the concerned roomy. Don't blow it for me!"

"Yeah," the girl said with a smile, her hand crawling up Johnny's shirt. "He's trying to rack up sensitivity points with me so I'll go to bed with him."

Trying to ignore the fact that Jaehyun hadn't stopped watching him since he'd come in, Taeyong sat on far corner of the longer couch trying to look calm, but staying as far away from Jaehyun's reach as he could.

He smiled at the girl.  "Is it working?"

"Hmm, I think it just might be."

"So, where have you been hiding?" Jaehyun asked in a nonchalant way.

Taeyong blushed, remembering why he'd left the house in the first place.

Even in the library, his one sanctuary, he hadn't been able to forget! It had plagued his mind relentlessly all day.

Not meeting Jaehyun's eyes, he never saw the smile that tugged at those beautiful lips.

"I didn't really go all that far."

Johnny laughed. "The library again? You and your books. I don't think I will ever understand you, Taeyong."

Jaehyun's smile widened, his eyes still intent on Taeyong. "Oh, he's not all that complicated. You just have to know what makes him... rise to the occasion."

Taeyong's eyes widened and he blushed again, looking at Jaehyun in shock. What was Jaehyun playing at?

"Um, I think I'm going to head for bed. I have class in the morning and I don't think I should sleep through it. Night guys."

///

The rest of that week, Taeyong didn't have much time to spend at home and hang out.

Most of his time he spent in the library. The few times he was at home Jaehyun acted normal, thankfully.

There were a few occasions when he would brush up against Taeyong, his hand lightly brushing his ass or some bump against him so there was some kind of body contact as he would reach for something or pass something to a friend.