Chapter 13: To covet

Start from the beginning

Someone lightly tapped his shoulder to get his attention. Lifting his face, he found the young mistress in front of him, slowly; the obscurity was fading as her appearance became clearer to him.

She had a slight frown on her face, as she was considering his state. Never having comforted anyone before, she seemed trouble not knowing where to start. In the end, when she talked, her comforting words had been a little scary yet at the same time deeply moving.

"... If you want revenge, that's fine too. You're one of my people now, your hatred is my hatred."

What woke him this time, he didn't know. Or maybe he wasn't awake yet but drifted in another form of illusions. The darkness was still here, he could vaguely hear the insect moving, could feel them biting him, tearing his flesh apart. It was unbearable. He felt that so clearly. He wished he couldn't.

Then quite brusquely the physical pain disappeared and she was in front of him once again. A little older. And she forgot a little about him.

Her physique grew. Her memory loss also.

That was, somehow, procuring a far greater pain to him than what he had endured previously.

Awake? In a dream? Illusion? He didn't know. However, his pleading became clearer to him. Let her not forget anymore. Let her not forget about him. About herself. About them. Let her not forget anymore. This time was supposed to be different. The oracle had said so. Let her not forget anymore.

His muttering was said in a fading voice and soon, Yenaigai passed out for the nth time.

***

Bai Ming had rushed to her courtyard after being threatened by Su Qiun, her heart still holding traces of fear. Jumping down her lion she practically ran to that room, ordering it to be lit. The damn fool was motionless in the middle of the floor, behind him, was a trail of blood starting from the corner of the room, where she left him, to where he was now. Insects were sparsely on it, but most of them were still feasting on him. Quickly, she ordered her bodyguards to chase them away and bring hot water. Without any delicacy, his clothes had been torn and the water splashed on him repeatedly to cleanse the wound. Bai Ming reluctantly removed a bottle of medicine from her bag, ordering one of her guards to tend to his wounds. The medicine was particularly good, and while it wasn't instantaneous, it did help heal external wounds without leaving scars. She had repeatedly used it at the academy so she was particularly clear on that fact.

The cool soothing sensation of the lotion on his skin eased the tension on his face and while he still didn't regain consciousness, the darkness disappeared from his various illusions. Since the medicine had no effect against poison, albeit those insects had a non-mortal one, his body was still feverish and his mind still very much in chaos.

The young man nursed and now out of danger, the heart of the princess eased and with it, her anger returned. Her elder sister really did threaten her for this good for nothing! Such a heavy killing intent, no way could it have been not genuine. She looked at her hands. They were still shaking a little. She clenched them by her sides, closing her eyes to calm her breathing and her erratically beating heart. A resolution came to her. She would work hard to quickly and completely controlled her sacred beast. Su Qiun may have the experience and some beasts but she still didn't have a sacred one. Becoming stronger was certainly the solution. Let's see by then who will dare take her lightly.

She looked at Yenaigai, her heart really dissatisfied. From her bag, she took out another bottle. It was shorter than the previous one, with a clear liquid like water inside. Bai Ming poured the whole content in Yenaigai's pried open mouth and as her guard tilted his head for it to go down his throat, her anger eased a little.