Chapter 23

Ethan's POV:

As I walked into school there was an insane amount of laughter. I looked around the halls furrowing my eyebrows trying to figure out why everyone was laughing.

I figured out why as soon as I approached Ariel's locker. "Slut" in thick black letters was written across it. I know exactly who did this.

"What's everyone laughing abo-" Ariel stopped as she looked at her locker. Her face immediately fell. "Why?" Was all she said.

I became infuriated at Alex for humiliating her like this. I thought she'd be okay now since she's not with him anymore but obviously not. "You want me to take you home?" I ask her as she continued to avoid eye contact of everyone in the hallway. She just nodded.

I placed my hand on the small of her back and led her to the big metal doors. As we walked out she kept her head down and I led her all the way to my car.

I helped her into my car and started it for her since it's only the beginning of April meaning it was still kind of chilly. "I'll be right back I forgot something." I mutter as I close my door. She just nods. We both know I didn't forget anything.

My pace is quick and hard with anger. I step back into the building and everyone's eyes fall on me. I look around and I see Jack. "Where is he?" I ask him wit clenched fists. "Who are you talking about?" He ask trying to play dumb. "WHERE THE FUCK IS HE!" I yell causing everyone to flinch. "Courtyard." Jack says quickly.

I'm quick to walk down the hallway and out the back doors to the courtyard. There he is. Sitting at the picnic table with all of his friends and just laughing. He's having a good time but I'm sure as hell gonna ruin it. "Alex!" I shout as I approach him quickly.

The smile immediately leaves his face and he stands from the table. "What Dolan?" He ask making his way around the table a little ways from his friends. I don't say anything. I continue to walk until I'm right in front of him and I swing. My fist comes in contact with the side of his face hard causing him to stumble back.

He looks back up at me and wipes the blood coming from his lip. "I told you to leave her the fuck alone." I say with clenched teeth. All he does is smirk. I lunge for him again but his friends step in front of him. What a fucking coward.

I swing at one of the two guys knocking him down and I earn my self a punch to the guy from the other. I hunch over in pain allowing Alex to kick my face. My neck snaps back and a taste of metal fills my mouth.

I spit a good amount of blood out to the side and wipe my mouth before I punch Alex right in the nose causing a loud groan to fall from his bloody lip.

One of his friends try to attack me but I elbow him in the stomach and kick him while he's hunched over knocking him to the ground to buy me some time.

There's a large crowd now but I don't care. My eyes are taken off the crowd as a punch comes in contact with my face near my eye. The crowd groans and I turn to see one of Alex's friends.

I swing at him with my right then my left getting in two solid punches earning an even louder reaction from everyone. "You fucking twat!" Alex screams and tackles me to the ground. His fist hits my fist once before I flip us over and I show him no mercy.

I hit him once. Twice. Three times.

"What's going on here?" I hear a loud voice boom through the courtyard. Shit. I get up off of Alex and search the courtyard for a set of doors far away from what sounds like our principal.

I quickly make my way to the doors and run through the hallway to the school. "No running!" Mrs. Hampton my English teacher yells at me as I make my way out to the parking lot.

As I swing the big metal doors open I begin to walk quickly to my car. I lift my hood up over my head to both hide from teachers if they decided to look for me and hide my face from Ariel.

I swing my door open. "Took you long enough." She jokes. "Trust me I know." I mutter as I shift the car into drive and pull out of the parking lot.

As we get on the road we fall silent and I don't mind because I don't want to explain myself.

"Why's your hood up?" She chuckles. I just shrug and her face contorts a bit. She leans over the gear shift and tugs my hood down.

"Oh my god. Ethan." She says with concern flooding her voice. Shit.