Everything seemed to hurt in its own way. Her lungs burned, her joints ached and her skin stung. But, she could feel. Slowly she shifted awkwardly from where she was lying down, the crunch of glass following her as she moved. She opened her eyes and after a moment of blinding, white light she saw tall trees reaching for the sky above her, she was alive, she was okay. Looking down at her body, she saw bruises and cuts, some awkward lumps and bumps but no broken bones, thank God. Carefully, she sat up feeling her breath rattling in her chest. Tentatively she raised a hand, pressing her fingertips to her throbbing temple before running her fingers through her short, shoulder length brown hair where she managed to pick out some of the larger shards of glass.

Looking behind her she found the wreckage that was the rustic Saturn. Shit, Rosie thought as she scrambled up and towards the mess of steel and glass ignoring the painful sensation this caused through her body. Like she thought, the car had crashed into a thick tree, however, the impact must have caused her to break through her seatbelt and go flying through the already smashed windshield. Ater attempting to open the doors with little success she decided that the only way she was going to get in was by climbing through the hole in the windshield.

Pulling herself onto what was left of the bonnet, she made her way through the mess. Almost instantly, she saw the long blonde hair of Cece and the curly afro of Frankie. She clawed her way to the back seat feeling the odd sting when her bare skin was cut by sharp, broken material.

Rosie reached out and wrapped her fingers around the closest hand, which just so happened to be the hand of Frankie. For a moment, she stayed a still as she possibly could, holding her breath as she waited to hear it. And then there it was, the steady, shaky breath of both girls. Slowly, Rosie moved further forward now placing both hands on Frankie and began to shake her, hoping she would wake up, she didn't, but she was breathing, she was breathing.

Rosie looked behind her, contemplating on whether it was worth dragging Frankie all the way over the two seats and back through the windshield. Deciding against it, she raised her foot and kicked as hard as she could against the cracked window that was closest and carefully cleared away all the small pieces of glass. She then climbed out herself first before wrapping her arms under Frankie's armpit and pulling her out with as much caution as possible. When she had managed to get Frankie onto the soft grass she found herself still pulling her away. She dragged Frankie's limp body further and further away from the wreckage until she was satisfied. Then she stood up and made her way back to the car for her other best friend.

Cece was in more of a state, part of the car had crushed down on top of her right-hand side, a tree branch had fallen from when they crashed into the tree and Cece had paid for that. Rosie had to use all her remaining strength to lift what she could of the roof and with shaky arms pull Cece's limp form out. Cece was the only one bleeding badly, she had a long cut on her right arm which was, thankfully, not bleeding too much, but unfortunately, she too was unconscious.

Sighing, Rosie lifted her hand and wiped away some beads of sweat that had formed on her forehead before deciding to go and find help. Turning around she began walking the way the car came, her legs feeling as if someone had poured rocks into her shoes, and an overwhelming tiredness thrumming through her body. It wasn't too long before she realised something was off. There were no tracks where the car had been driven off the road, and the land was pretty much flat, even though she could distinctly remember driving downhill. Not being able to find the road they were driving on, she made her way back to her unconscious friends.

They lay side by side, slowly breathing. It dawned on Rosie that if someone were to walk past they would simply look as if they were taking a nap in the woods. She then realised that someone was probably coming, there were a few drivers on the road at that point of time, someone must have seen them crash. Rosie looked down at her friends before making sure they were in the safe position before she moved about a foot back and rested against a tree.