An Awakening

Okay, before I start this story, I'd just like to say that what happened, happened. We had no idea how to get back, or what to do really. We cannot be sorry for the changes we made. We only did what we thought was right.

"Okay, if you two don't shut the hell up, I'm coming back there myself!" Rosie growled through gritted teeth as her patience wore thin with her best friends. Those friends in question were currently sat in the back of the crappy rental car, squabbling. The three of them were going on a road trip to the theme park in the next town, a trip that was supposed to be a treat. Frankie and Cece had argued the main part of the journey to the car on who was to be riding shotgun for Rosie to eventually decide that no one was going to, and then they continued to argue inside the car on who got to play their music, Rosie again shut the argument down by simply turning on the radio.

"Rosie, pull over," Cece suddenly piped from the back, she wrapped her nimble fingers around Rosie's head rest and swung around so that her long golden hair now dangled on top of the gear stick.

"Cece if you need to pee again, I swear to god -" Rosie began her frustration getting the better of her as she batted Cece's hair away. Don't get me wrong, Rosie loved her friends more than she would ever let on, but no quality friendships last without the odd fight here and there.

"No, no, I was wanting to take a photo," Cece smiled sweetly, she had that niceness about her that never seemed to perish, it was both a gift and a curse. Rosie sighed at this, however, turned the wheel and slowly brought the rustic Saturn to a halt. The three of them were on their very first holiday, in England, which all though had a few grey clouds and was infinitely colder than America, was pretty damn photogenic.

However, you could say that Rosie had gotten used to the rolling, green hills and grey sun because she had lived here for fifteen years. However, her parents had made the decision to move to America, where they would be closer to her dad's side of the family. Moving to America had ultimately been both the best and worst thing to ever happen to Rosie because that's where she just so happened to meet Frankie and Cece who have ultimately have made her life so beautifully blissful yet so fiercely frustrating.

"Okay, come on girlies, back in the car, let's get going," Rosie smiled at her friends from where she leaned lazily on the bonnet, they each clambered back in the car, still with Rosie in the front and Frankie and Cece in the back. After arguing some more about what music to play, Rosie turned on the radio once more and rolled down the windows, the crisp, clean air flooding into the car causing their hair and clothes to dance to the music. It wasn't too long until they joined in with the voice on the radio, belting out the words, singing loudly and very out of tune. They continued like this for a while, enjoying the happy moment which in itself was small, but to them was memorable, when it happened.

The car, it came out of nowhere.

Nowhere.

It wasn't their fault, anyone could tell that.

But they're the ones who paid for it.

Rosie's whole body froze with fear when she drove over the hill, the cars headlights glaring at her like the eyes of a bull charging straight for her. Without thinking, she jerked the wheel to the left where she thought she was driving her and her friends to safety. However, the thicket of tall trees she then drove into proved her wrong. They lurched downhill, their happy songs turning into piercing screams, their music now a million miles away. The trees and wildlife flew past them, some branches even getting caught on the open windows. A particularly low branch slammed against the windshield, shattering it. Rosie managed to cover her face just in time but still felt the edges of shards make their way into her hair and cut her arm. Rosie slammed her foot on the brakes so hard that the impact shuddered through the rest of her body. It was a shame because she was a split-second too late. By the time Rosie's foot met with the pedal the car had crashed into what could only be a thick, towering tree. The sickening smell of gas filled her lungs, the screams of the three girls dying out sickeningly quick, the taste of burning rubber filled the air and the feel of broken metal and shattered glass pierced their bodies. All turned dark.