One

"Bri! Bri! Bri! Wake up!" I slowly opened my eyes to the sound of my little sister, Kimie, yelling at me. I groaned and put my head under my pillow. "Go away, I'm trying to sleep," I said sleepily. I wanted her gone, like, now. "Mom says she's gonna take your phone if you don't get up. And I know what's on it," she laughed. I sighed and got out of bed. She giggled and ran out of my room. I walked out soon after her, slowly though. "Good morning, Sabrina," my mother said as I treaded into the kitchen. "Are you ready for your first day of your new school?" Shit. I almost forgot. I moved from NYC to Seattle about two months ago. I was in tenth grade and enjoying my life. But my parents had to get divorced, so I went with my mother and my sister, and my life changed. I have to start fresh at a new school, and that's going to be really hard. I sat down at the small wood table that came with our apartment. A cup of coffee and two pills were set in front of me. I thought back to when I was diagnosed. "These pills will help you and make your life a little longer," the doctors had told me. I wish it didn't have to be like this. I placed the pills in my mouth and took a sip of coffee. I swallowed  everything at the same time, which hurt my throat a little. Minutes passed as I finished my coffee. A got up, placed the cup in the sink, and went back to my room. I dressed myself in basic stuff: a tshirt, jeans, and a flannel. I took a brush and brushed my long, brown hair. I suddenly remembered what my childhood friend, Lila, called me: I was brownie and she was blondie. I sighed and put my brush down. I miss NYC already. I miss my friends, my school, my house, the parks that I would go to for relaxation, the run down stores I would waste my time going to, just to spend time with my friends that I loved so much, everything. I set my brush down and went to the small bathroom I had to share with two other annoying people. I brushed my teeth quickly and went back to my room. I picked up my phone and saw the time: 6:57. Shit, I'm gonna be late. I slipped on socks and shoes, worn out vans, grabbed my bag, and my phone, and ran out of my apartment. The bus was sitting right there in front of the complex. I ran as fast as I could to catch it before it left me. I received weird looks from other people as I walked down the aisle. It looked like they had never seen a new person before. I found an empty seat in the back and sat down. I pulled out my phone and earbuds from my back pocket. I put in the earbuds and turned on music. I set my bag in my lap and put my head against the window. I closed my eyes and hugged my backpack.