Ch 28: A taste of him

Zacznij od początku

Even though the whole ride he had his hand over my bare knee, it was that moment when I became aware of it. His palm pressed against my skin burned me in the most satisfying way possible, blushing and tingling inside by just the thought of having him as my fiancé for the night.

I looked back at him for a second.. The way his eyes were filled with so many unreadable, breathtaking emotions made me swallow back the need to lean closer and kiss him right then. He looked as gorgeous as always, but a suit always gave me a tingling feeling whenever I saw it on him. It was just the kind of formality that I liked, ending with me being the only one that got to take it off later that night.

I cleared my throat and looked down for a second, putting away the slight strand of hair that fell over my face.

"It is unbelievable, Ash. Thank you." My voice trailed as I looked back at him. I had to gather resistance. "For the dress and for everything else I got to experience."

Running his fingers over the delicate necklace that laid short over my neck was enough to kick-start that exciting rapid heartbeat, pressuring me enough to inhale slowly, and release the breath with a simple need for a bit more of that touch, more of that closeness, more of that voice.

"Do you like the jewelry?" His touch disappeared, and I replaced it by running my own fingers over the necklace, looking down with surprise that he even asked that.

"Like it? Ash, there are no words that can explain how astonished I am from it.. And that is not even the right word. There are really no words to explain it. I had never worn anything like this before."

I could follow how his eyes searched mine, observed how I smiled, how I explained.. I loved that he listened. Even when I was left wordless.

  But I could tell that he struggled with following the conversation.. There were clearly other things going through his head. He focused on his fingers gliding over the side of my face for too long.. He watched how lips moved as I spoke too intently. He couldn't resist a touch and neither could I. It all gave me the kind of excitement I didn't ever want to get rid of.

"That's the whole point, darling.. No one has. The set was designed for you.. For that dress." His voice was lyrically deep. It hypnotized me. His words left me confused, thoughtless for a second. The jewelry.. It was designed for me? For the dress?

"I- What?" I struggled with finding words to which he responded with an honest chuckle.. He ran his hand back down my bare thigh and knee and explained.

"You deserve the best, Anya, and that's exactly what I've been meaning to give you.."

  My heart skipped a shallow beat. I- I couldn't bear with those words. I felt pressure up my chest. I felt the need to shred happy tears.

  I had never ever had the need to cry from happiness. It was bizarre. I never cried. And it wasn't the materialistic things that brought that kind of joy yet the caring and effort he put in it all..

  I didn't even want to ask when or how he organized what he did. He had a lot of people working for him. He had money. But most importantly he knew how to give the kind of attention I had never felt before.

I inhaled deeply and closed my eyes for a second. "I really- I'm speechless.. All of this is just too damn good to be real."

He caressed my knee and looked outside his window.. He spoke casually and mechanically.. "This is only the first night.. Like I said, I'm not a fan of publicity, but I do want this to be special." He glanced back at me and I melted at the charming smirk he sent me. "It's your first night in Paris, darling. It has to be special."