"You didn't see his obnoxious faces, though," I moaned. 

"True, true," she laughed.  "He was pretty rude.  I thought princes were supposed to be charming!"

"That's what I thought, too!"

"Ugh, he sounds like just the kind of guys I hate.  Cocky, proud, full of themselves.  I don't know how you'll survive, Cass."

"Honestly, me neither.  But, there is one saving grace," I started.  Luke.

"Okay, tell me!  I'm putting you on speaker, I'm googling Prince Coleman."

"Alright, so there's this guy named—"

A sharp gasp came through the phone.

"What is it?" I asked.

"CASSANDRA FREAKING CARMICHAEL!" The receiver screamed in my ear.  "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THE PRINCE WAS SO HOT?!"

"Calm down, Lydia!"

"I will most certainly not.  You mentioned the guy from the store was good-looking but you failed to mention that he was carved out of stone by the Greek gods themselves."

"Well—"

"CASSIE!" she shrieked.

"WHAT?!" 

"HIS ABS, CASSIE!  I FOUND A PICTURE OF HIM IN A SWIMSUIT.  I'm screenshotting this and sending it to you."

"No, I don't want that!" I cried.

"You're getting it anyway."

"Lyyydia!" I whined.  "Remember how rude he was?! You were saying how jerky he was?!"

"Well no wonder he thinks potatoes like us are beneath him.  We clearly are!"  Lydia's change of heart on the Prince was astounding.

"I didn't even tell you the good part of my story, and here you are gushing over my stupid employer."

"Cassie, what if he likes you?!" Lydia cried out.

"No."

"Oh my gosh, you said he kept saying kind of flirtatious things, right?!  CASSIE!  CASSIE!"

"Shut up, you're so loud!"

"OH MY GOSH WHAT IF I'M RIGHT!"  I could almost see her jumping up and down excitedly.  "Man, why do you get to hang out with a hot prince and not me!"

"Lydia, he's so annoying."

"Who cares?"

"I CARE.  And a minute ago you cared too!"

"Oh my gosh, Cassie!" 

"What?" I sighed.

"It looks like he has some servant guy with him in a picture!  Even he's cute!"

"SEND ME THE PICTURE!"  I suddenly yelled.

"Huh?"

"Send it!" I commanded.

"Okay, okay!"

Shortly thereafter I got a text from my phone with a screenshot of Prince Coleman getting out of his car and Luke holding the door for him.

"Lydia!"  I was bouncing with my knees on the bed.  "That's Luke!"

"The servant guy is?"

"Yes!"

"Girl, he's cute!  You know him?!" Lydia was excited.

"Yes, Lydia!  He's who I wanted to tell you about!  He is SO cute and his personality is so endearing too!"

"A cute guy with a nice personality?  I'm pretty sure those are mythical creatures!" Lydia replied.

"I know, right!"

"What's his full name?"

"Lucas Prescott," I answered.

"I'm looking him up on Instagram."  A minute later she screamed, "I FOUND HIM."

"You did?!  Send me his account!"  I opened up my Instagram and followed the message Lydia sent me to Luke's profile.

"CASSIE!  HE'S SO CUTE!" Lydia cried. "WHY ARE YOU SURROUNDED BY GORGEOUS MEN?"

"I don't know!  But isn't he gorgeous!"  

"Yes, yes, yes!"

"And Lydia, none of these pictures even show his smile," I sighed dreamily.

"Yes it does..." she started.

"No, not his special smile."  His crooked smile.

"I'm so jealous.  But you'll have to fill me in on every detail so I can live vicariously through  you."

"Oh yeah, definitely."

"Cassie?  CASSIE?!" she cried.

"What!"

"He plays guitar!"

"HE DOES?!"  Could he get more perfect?

"I THINK HE SINGS TOO!" Lydia was ecstatic.

"OH MY GOSH." I was so excited.  "Show me the picture!"

Suddenly there was a knock at my door.

"Hold on, someone's at my door," I told Lydia quietly.  I walked over and opened the door.

My heart stopped.

"What are you doing here, Luke?!"