DAMN

Chapter 2: DAMN

"Damn... I just spent my whole life in that lecture" you angrily mutter as you pace down the dimly lit hallway of your apartment. Luckily, your last class was the only barrier between you and a party tonight, and God did you need to get out for once.
As you unlock your apartment door and swing it open, the blaring light of your kitchen meets you as a spicy scent tickles your nose.
*she must have made fajitas again* you giggle as you pass a greasy pan filled with the sticky remnants of Mexican food.
"Just a bit of makeup, outfit change, and then you're good to go!" You tell yourself as you pick up your makeup bag and settle under the covers of your bed.
Pumping a bit of foundation into your hand, you begin to grab your laptop to watch your favorite selection: the rocky horror picture show (with callbacks special edition of course).
*what's better than a bunch of drunk people yelling SLUT and ASSHOLE at the screen* you giggle as you apply the liquid to your face with a slightly ticklish brush.
After you're mostly finished with your routine, you decide to change your lip color last minute to a deep, sultry red.
"Just like Frank loved" you laugh to yourself as you sashay to your closet to pick out a little black dress and some black pumps.
"He said it was semi formal... but how formal is semi formal?" You argue with yourself as you begin to undress.
"Is this too slutty? It's only a celebration for an award?" You once again argue with yourself and decide once and for all to stick with the outfit. Grabbing your purse as you walk out of your bedroom and into the kitchen, you grab a pop tart for the road.
As you head towards your car you begin to pick the playlist for the road.
*hmmmm I'll put it on shuffle and see what happens* you wonder as none other than "Damnit Janet" begins to fill your ears.
"Rocky horror it is!" You laugh as you hear a soft click of your car unlocking.
As you turn on the engine and heat, your car picks up the audio and you begin your own private concert in your seat.
Putting on your signal and exiting the parking lot, you begin to get excited.
*this will be fun* you smile to yourself, blissfully unaware of how fun it will truly be.