chapter seven | way down andrew goes

Start from the beginning

Eliza looked at Hermione and said, "Both."

All of a sudden, Professor Snape slammed the door and quickly walked up to the front of the classroom. "Well, well, another year is among us. I'm sure many of you are aware that this year will be an interesting year, indeed."

*******

Oliver, Violet, and Jacob were grateful that it was time for lunch. The three of them were starving and ready to take a break from listening to their professors talk and taking notes. Lunchtime was the best time for them to just sit down and relax until they had to attend the rest of their classes and then hit the library for some studying.

"You know, I actually liked Snape better when he was teaching Potions," Jacob spoke up as they were walking towards the Great Hall.

"For once, I have to agree with you, Jake," Violet replied. "I think Snape is enjoying his new class a little too much."

"Well, it doesn't matter, because he's still going to torture anyone who isn't in Slytherin House," Jacob commented.

Jacob was also right about that. Snape despised anyone that wasn't in Slytherin House. He mostly targeted the Gryffindors, specifically, Harry Potter. Of course, Andrew and Eliza never caused trouble with Snape, even though the urge to push his buttons always came across their minds.

The trio finally entered the Great Hall and grabbed some food from the plates on the table. Once they got what they wanted, they scurried out of the Great Hall and headed out of the castle and by the Black Lake. Oliver and his friends liked to sit there during lunch when the weather was warm. Everyone would grab some food from the tables and then meet outside at the Black Lake every day for lunch. It was a tradition that they had started in their third year at Hogwarts when Andrew complained how loud the Slytherins were during lunch.

Andrew was already sitting in the grass when the others approached him. He had a pile of grapes and a sandwich on a napkin that was laid out in front of him. "About time you showed up," Andrew said.

"Where's Liza?" Violet asked. "Haven't you been with her all morning?"

Andrew rolled his eyes at Violet. "We only sat beside each other in Potions. After that, we got into a little argument and she hasn't spoken or sat next to me since then."

"What happened?" Oliver asked, sitting down next to Andrew, followed by Jacob and Violet.

"Well, we might have been saying some stuff about the new girl. She overheard us and got all pissy about it. Liza wanted to apologize to her, but I didn't think it was a good idea. So then she got all pissy and stormed off."

"So all of this was because she wanted to do the right thing?" Violet asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Oh, no. Not you, too..." he groaned.

"Andy, she has a point," Oliver pointed out. "You two shouldn't have said anything. Not only that, but she also heard what you guys said about her."

Andrew scoffed in response. "And you think she doesn't say anything about us to her new friends?"

"She hardly knows any of us," Jacob spoke up. "What is there to talk about?"

A lot, if anyone knew us really well, Oliver thought.

Andrew was always the type that rarely changed his mind about anything. He certainly wasn't going to change his mind about apologizing to the new girl, especially if she was a Slytherin. He also wasn't going to do it to please Eliza.

"I just don't think Liza should waste her time trying to be the better person in this situation," Andrew said. "I get that she wants to do the right thing and all that, but this girl just seems...odd."