chapter 6: Closure

A few days later. . .

I decided to wear something casual for once, so, thanks to my dad giving me his old clothes, I wore an ocean blue t-shirt, a gray jacket with a hoodie, casual pants and brown boots. I had a digital watch on my left wrist, since I can't read time very well with the arm-kind of watch.

And here I was, waiting near the entrance of the mall, while busying myself with my phone.

I am NOT like Ikki Kurogane, who has little knowledge of the Internet, okay?

"C'mon Flappy Bird. Fly! Oh goddamn you!!" I yelled out, as soon as it hit a pillar and falls to the ground of the game.

"Ah well," I muttered, shoving my phone into one of the 6 pockets my father had in the pants.

I then saw a limousine stop in front of the pavement in front of me, and you-know-who came out of the limo, and the limo left as soon as she got out and closed the door.

I blinked at Anne-sama, before I smiled. She was wearing casual clothes as well, as she wore a blue skirt that reached her knees and a gray shirt. She was also wearing a yellow vest and a black fedora, which she wore loosely on her head. She was also wearing make-up, as her face was slightly brighter than I usually see her, and the blush on her face was clearly from make-up. She also had cherry red lipstick on. All in all, she looked like a girl going for a first date, and was very beautiful.

"Mesagi-kun. I see you got here early," she commented.

"Yep. I decided to come in ready anyway," I told her.

"That's good," she said again, smiling. I swore I felt my heart fluttering.

"By the way, you're in cover because you want no one to notice you?" I asked.

"You noticed that very quickly," Anne-sama said, fixing her fedora so that it covers her face.

"Why won't you show your face? You look beautiful," I complimented, smiling. She looked at me, blushing red on her cheeks.

"I-I-I am?" She asked me.

"Yes! C'mon, don't be humble now," I replied, grinning at her. She slowly nodded and let the fedora lean backwards, making her look more casual, informal and. . . I admit, attractive.

"B-better? And why's your face red?" Anne-sama asked. I blinked.

"Huh? W-what?"

"Your face was. . . Is red."

"Y-yeah, what about it?"

"Are you. . .?"

"What?"

Anne-sama shook her head. "Nevermind."

"Okay then."

I took hold of her hand, and she quickly pulled her hand away. I looked at her, slightly heartbroken.

Anne-sama had a very red face, and looked at her hand that I held, which was her right hand.

". . . Anne-sama?"

"U-uhm. . . P-please be gentle with me."

"Eh?"

I tilted my head in confusion. 'What on Earth is she talking about?' I thought.

"T-that was my f-first contact w-with a male my age."

"Aaaaaahhhhh. Sorry for taking that away."

Almost instantly, I felt my arm being pulled. And, Oh God, it was like your arm was tied to a chain that carried a ball that weights a ton, while you were near to the edge, and the ball had already fell to the edge. Although, that won't happen. . . Yet.

When I realised, Anne-sama's face was close to me, and I can't help but blush.

"I don't really mind that, honestly," Anne-sama whispered. I could smell her sweet perfume from this distance, and her breath smelled like mint.

"Oh."

Anne-sama smirked and pecked me on the lips. My eyes widened, before I touched my lips.

"That was the second time. . ." I said. My cheeks were probably red right now. Anne-sama giggled at this.

"C'mon. Act like we're a couple, okay?"

"Act?"

"Yeah!"

"I dunno. You took my first kiss, then kissed me again. What the heck? Are your parents okay with this?"

"Of course they are. I told them I was hanging out with friends."

I think my heart slightly hurt hearing her say friends.

"Ah. . ."

"Of course, I lied to them."

"What?"

"There's no way I consider you as a friend, Mesagi."

She had her pale left hand on my right cheek.

"I consider you as a special person. . .  A crush, probably. I don't know. I still haven't decide which."

I kept silent, but then held her hand that was on my cheek. She flinched slightly but didn't move.

"It's okay Anne-sama. T-"

"Don't call me Anne-sama anymore."

"Okay. . . Anne."

'That was very uncomfortable for me to say,' I thought, but continued on, "try and take things as slow as possible. Remember, slow and steady. . ."

". . . Wins the race."

I smiled.

"You do know the story of Rabbit and the Tortoise."

"Of course. . ."

Anne grabbed me into a hug. I smiled and hugged back. I felt the wind blow on my face, and also Anne's constant breathing on my shoulder.

Soon, we both broke out hug.

"So, what're we waiting for?"

"R-"

Gunshots, and, soon after, screams were heard.

We both looked at each other, and nodded. Anne took her phone out, and contacted the Director.