Chapter 14 : Concert stress

Chapter 14    

A few days later...

Liv POV

Blondie has been acting kind of weird these past few days. He's been kind of quiet, and he's been having trouble sleeping. I've slept in his room with him, and he keeps accidentally waking me up because he moves around so much because he can't sleep. I'm worried about him.

Right now, Blondie was sitting at the kitchen table, eating some lunch and studying some lyrics and chords for his concert tomorrow.

I sat down beside him, which startled him a little, and he jumped. I looked at him, and he looked exhausted.

"Blondie."

"What?"

"I keep asking you what's wrong. And you keep saying you're fine. But I can't help you until you tell me what's wrong. I just want to help."

"Can I just have a hug?"

I nodded, and he pulled me onto his lap for a hug.

"I'm just super stressed about the concert tomorrow. And if I screw up the concert, I'm scared my siblings will kick me out of the house and hate me!"

"Blondie... They won't hate you. And I doubt they'll kick you out. Your siblings are super nice."

"I'm just so scared..."

"Blondie... They won't be mad. Is this why you're having trouble sleeping?"

"Yeah... Every night, all I can think about is all the possibilities of how the concert can go wrong! I know I'm trying to learn the songs and stuff, but I don't remember how to play a show. I don't know what it's like, and I don't know how to act. And I feel like I'm getting stage fright because I don't remember doing this before. It's like it's my first time."

I held him tightly in my arms, hugging him. 

"Blondie, I know you're super nervous. But your siblings will help you through it. Have you been able to remember anything else?"

"I don't know... I'm sort of familiar with the songs, but I don't know if it's because I remember them or if it's just because I've been practicing them."

"Have you talked to any of your siblings about how you're feeling?"

"No... I mean... They know I'm nervous. But they just keep telling me I'll do fine."

"Well... Have you considered believing them?"

"I'm just scared I'll mess up!"

"I know. But what if you don't? What if you do amazing?"

"I... haven't really considered that..."

"I'm sure everything will be fine, Blondie."

"Are you coming to the concert?"

"Of course. I want to support you and be there for you."

"Thank you..."

"You're welcome. But I know one thing is for sure. If you want the best chance at doing great and remembering everything tomorrow, you need to get a good night of sleep. I'm going to try to help you relax and fall asleep, ok? I don't want you up all night otherwise you'll be exhausted tomorrow."

"Ok. Thanks, Liv."

"You're welcome, Blondie."

We finally pulled apart.

"If you need help practicing your songs or anything, I can try to help."

"Honestly, I kind of just want to take a break. My brain is fried."

"Ok. What do you want to do?"

"Do you think maybe we could just go get some fresh air for a few minutes?"

"Sure!"

We both got up. Blondie took my hand in his, and intertwined our fingers. We walked out the back door, and sat down in the grass.

"I've been like completely obsessed with trying to memorize everything. I'm so tired, but I can barely get any sleep. I'm exhausted..."

Blondie laid his head on my shoulder. I put my arm around him.

"I'm going to make sure you go to bed early, and I'll get you as relaxed as possible. I don't want you to be stressed out. You've been way too stressed lately."

"I just really wish I could remember everything again. It would be so much easier if I could just remember."

"I know, Blondie."

"Riker! Liv! We're going out to the mall! Do you guys want to come!?" Rydel called.

"Do you want to go?" I asked.

"Um... Sure. I just need to change out of my pjs," he said, laughing a little.

"Yeah, we're coming!" I called.

Blondie went to go change, and then we got in the car with everyone else.

Later...

Riker POV

 Liv was off with Rydel because she didn't bring a lot from Bora Bora, so Rydel was helping her shop for some clothes and other random stuff.

I was walking around with Ross, and he basically gave me a tour of the mall because I didn't remember it.

"So um... Do I have like... money?" I asked.

"Yeah. We're in a band, bro. Of course you have money."

"I want to buy something."

"What?"

"I don't know. But I want to buy something for Liv."

"Oh..."

"Do you know any store that might have good stuff for her?"

"I don't know. What did you have in mind?"

"I don't know. Maybe like... jewelery?"

"Ok."

Ross took me to a few stores, and I looked at the jewelery. I didn't exactly know what Liv would want. She doesn't really seem like a jewelery person. Her style is so laid back. Not to make her seem like she doesn't look good, but she just doesn't exactly seem like a sparkly diamond type of person.

So I didn't get anything. Nothing seemed exactly right.

Later...

Liv POV

It was only like 9:00. But I was getting Blondie ready for a night of relaxation.

About an hour ago, I ran him a warm bath. And 5 minutes ago, I knocked on the door and told him to get out and change into his pjs.

Blondie walked in, and immediately hugged me.

"What's this for?" I asked.

"Because I love you so much," he said, sighing.

"Aw... I love you too."

I had him lay down on his stomach on the bed, and I gave him a back massage to help him relax.

"Alright. Are you ready to try to get some sleep?" I asked, once I was finished.

Blondie turned over on his back.

"Yeah. But you're staying with me, right?"

"Yup. Just like every other night."

"Ok. Thank you."

I shut the light off, and slid into bed next to him. He wrapped his arms around me protectively, and sighed.

"Night, Blondie."

"Night, Liv..."