sixteen

Daisy's eyes fluttered open and she breathed in, taking in her surroundings

Daisy's eyes fluttered open and she breathed in, taking in her surroundings. She felt a brief moment of panic when she realized that she wasn't in her dorm, but realized that she was still at Jake's apartment fairly quickly. Not only that, but his arm was around her and he was very much asleep.

Her heart raced as she looked over at him, taking in the peaceful sight. She wasn't sure exactly when she had fallen asleep--probably near the end of the movie--but apparently, Jake had taken that opportunity to get even closer to her. Not that she minded, though. She was very much confirming the feelings that she thought she had for Jake, and that thought both terrified and excited her.

"Jake?" she questioned quietly, and Jake opened his eyes to look at her. His eyes widened when he realized where his arm was, and he quickly moved away, causing Daisy to laugh.

"What time is it?" he questioned, and she shrugged. He looked over at a clock on the wall that Daisy hadn't noticed, squinting to try to read it. "It's kinda late. We were both sleeping for a while."

"Yeah, I didn't get much sleep last night," Daisy admitted.

"Me neither," Jake said, and silence fell between them. "I wouldn't feel right to send you home. Do you want to stay the night?"

Daisy blushed heavily. "Uh, yeah, sure. I'll let Iris know."

She took out her phone, quickly texting Iris that she'd be staying the night at Jake's before tucking it away again, wanting to focus on Jake and not her phone. She looked back at him, and their eyes met. She immediately noticed a mood change, and when he glanced down at her lips, she knew what he wanted.

They stared at each other for a long moment, each waiting for the other to make a move. Eventually, Jake leaned forward, gently pressing their lips together.

 Eventually, Jake leaned forward, gently pressing their lips together

i've been planning this for so long ahahha yesss

07.19.18