2

stan watched the curly headed boy leave, then turned to eddie. "eddie, the waiter totally just flirted with you."

eddie rolled his eyes. "you don't know that for sure. he could've just been being nice."

"that w-wink was obviously not just a nice ges-gesture, eddie," bill said, raising a brow at the smaller boy.

bill and stan had known about eddie's sexuality, for a few years now. back in 8th grade was when he told them about how he felt weird talking about dating a girl. he'd never pictured himself with a girl before, it seemed unnatural to him. thank god his friends were accepting of it. although, it was kind of annoying when they tried to hook him up with people. he'd made it clear that he would try to find a boyfriend when he was ready, but the other boys would always mess with him.

this time was different, though. eddie considered that maybe richard tozier was flirting with him. even just the thought brought roses to life on his cheeks, little freckles illuminated with pinks and reds.

"maybe he was, but what do i care?"

"what do you care?" stan practically gushed, dramatically. "you could get your first boyfriend!"

"shhhh!" eddie looked around to see if anyone heard. luckily, no one did. "stan, be quiet about that kind of stuff. you know i'm not openly out yet."

"still, eddie, this is big!" the curly-headed boy gave an encouraging smile.

eddie rolled his eyes. "okay, but, honestly, stan, even if he was flirting, i don't know how to flirt back."

"s-so you like him?" bill pressed.

"what? no! i-" eddie sighed. "no. i'm just saying, if i did-"

"one cherry cola for the lovely little man at table number 4!" richard's voice rang out in an announcer-like fashion.

eddie looked up at the tall boy as he sat the drink on the table, ignoring the playful giggles he was earning from the two boys sitting across from him.

"thanks." he pulled the cola closer and took the paper off of his straw, sipping the syrupy, cherry-flavored drink.

"you ready to order, beautiful?"

eddie choked on his drink.

okay, richard was definitely flirting at this point.

eddie looked at stan and bill, who just nodded towards richie.

"i-i, uh.. um.."

"don't know yet?" a playful smirk formed upon richard's lips as one of his eyebrows rose.

"no! i-i do, i just-"

"you just?"

"let me finish!" he was starting to get frustrated.

"okay, then, little guy. finish." there was a pause of awkward silence as eddie looked back at bill and stan, who nodded him on. "go on, i'm listening."

eddie huffed. "i'll take a bacon cheeseburger, hold the mayonnaise, hold the tomato, bacon on the side, with a side of fries, lightly, and i mean lightly, salted."

richard wrote down everything eddie said, as quickly as possible. "anything else i need to take note of, princess? or, is that all?"

eddie scoffed and rolled his eyes, blushing at the little name. princess. "just go make the damn order, richard."

"ah! so he speaks my name! i am honored, my lady!" he bowed dramatically.

"you're an idiot, richard tozier."

richard grinned and stood back up. "richie."

"what?"

"it's richie. i'll be back soon with that bacon cheeseburger, no mayo, no tomato, bacon on the side, and lightly salted fries, your highness."

after richie had delivered the food to all of the boys, he'd stayed and flirted with eddie for a few more minutes, and would check on him a lot more than necessary. the boys had asked for the check, but eddie had insisted that his was separate. his persistence won the others over, and the bill was split two ways (stan had told bill, who didn't refuse the offer, that he would pay for his food). when eddie's check was given to him (with a playful wink and smirk from richie), eddie saw some messy writing at the bottom of the paper.

it was a phone number, with a little note at the bottom. it read 'xoxo, richie. call me sometime, your highness', and had a little doodle of a crown beside the words.

eddie rolled his eyes and blushed, but couldn't help but smile like an idiot. maybe he would call richie later.