chapter 4 ⇝ crash into you

(1

(1.04)

"THE GUYS KIDNAPPED YOU, trashed your court, threatened you with bodily harm. Party? Yeah. Sure, why not?" Haley said as she leaned in between Lucas and Mackenzie.

Surprisingly, Nathan had seemed to Mackenzie's advice about being nicer to Lucas and had invited him to an after party after the game. Which was why the three were currently on their way to Nathan's parents' beach house.

"Okay, listen, I know it's all a setup, alright? But I'm not gonna let him screw with me. Whatever he dishes out he's going to get back double." Lucas said.

"Do you guys think maybe-- I mean, just maybe-- he's had a change of heart?" Mackenzie asked, causing Haley to give her a blank stare while Lucas scoffs.

"Hmm. That requires a heart." He said, shaking his head as the truck came to a stop.

"All I'm just saying is maybe you should give him a chance, he may surprise you ... that's all." Mackenzie said as the three exited the car and made their way to the front of the house.

"I wasn't sure you'd come." Nathan said, approaching the group as they got out the car.

"That makes two of us." Lucas said, causing Mackenzie to gently nudge him.

"Hi, I'm Nathan Scott." Nathan said, looking between the twins.

"Yeah, I know, I'm Haley." Haley said, brushing past him.

Nathan looks at Mackenzie and smirks, which causes her to quickly pull her head down and follow after Lucas and her sister.

"Well... I bet their plumbing works." Mackenzie teased as the their made their way into the living room. Earlier, Lucas had told her how the water had went out at his house while he was taking a shower.

"Hahaha, very funny." He said sarcastically.

"I'm just saying." Mackenzie said, holding her hands up in defense.

"Yeah, thanks." Lucas mumbled.

"Have you guys seen this?" Brooke asked, walking into the living room, holding a newspaper. "The High School Fearleader. It's a comic strip. Wait, this is insulting, right?" She asked.

"My dog can draw better than this." A guy from the basketball team laughed.

"Really, what guy keeps his hat on during sex?Who is this Saki person anyway?" Brooke asked.

"Yeah, I wonder." Nathan said, his eyes never leaving Peyton. Something Mackenzie immediately took notice to.

"It's just a stupid comic strip. Who cares, right?" Peyton said, shrugging her shoulders.

"It's more like 'sucky'. Whoever it is doesn't know the first thing about it. It's like so--" Lucas interrupted Brooke.

"Shallow?" He finished for her and everyone looks up at him.