Pt. Seven: Poor Nika

ᴼᴺᴵᴷᴬ'ˢ ᴾᴼᵛ
ᴬᴾᴿᴵᴸ 12, 2000
7:00 ᴾᴹ
ᴼᴺᴵᴷᴬ'ˢ ᴴᴼᵁˢᴱ

I sat on the couch waiting for Beyonce as Robyn sat beside me. She kept telling me how Beyonce stood me up. She said she would be here at 7 o'clock. (A/N: It is 7 o'clock.)

"Robyn what time is it?" I asked. Robyn took a moment to respond and then answered.

"7:48." She replied. I frowned. It's really been that long? It felt as if I had just had the talk with my mother, wait a minute. I replayed Robyn's answer in my head and rolled my eyes.

"You smirked." I said dryly. Robyn scuffed.

"I did no such ting." She said, smirking again. I knew whenever Robyn smirked it meant she was lying.

"You're smirking again!" I yelled Robyn laughed and I hit her.

"Ouch Nika damn that was my man boob!" Robyn yelled. I stop laughing and looked in her direction.

"Man boob?" I question. She laughed.

"Yea, mi ma be callin it dat cause she say I ain't got titties-

"Robyn every female has boobs." I said. I never knew what Robyn looked like, but I knew she was supposed to have what I have, I think.

"Nika not everybody built like yuh. I ain't got titties like you and mi ass ain't big like yours." She said. I frown. She had to be lying.

"So your flat chested?" I asked. Robyn made a sound in agreement and I laughed.

"Coco pebbles?" I asked. Robyn didn't answer nor did she laugh so I knew she had to be mad.

"Nika shut up. That's why bey late." She mumbled pushing me. I heard the doorbell ring and my heart started beating fast. Beyonce was finally here and I was about to go out on my first date. I sat there smiling.

"Nika wha ya sitting dere smilin fa? Yuh bout to eat when bey pick you up, dis mine." My mom said. I frowned and then when the smell of pizza hit my nose I felt embarrassed.

"And mines." Robyn said.

"Robyn ya betta get ya ass on somewhea' Im not playin wit ya gyal. It ain't enough fa da both of us." My mom said.

"But issa whole box, and ya got wings!" Robyn semi yelled. My mom scuffed.

"You got money? Though so. Now I gottah get back to mi show, I tink the butler killed Ashely." My mom said. I could hear her voice trailing away ad I knew she left. I looked down.

"Do you think she's coming?" I asked Robyn. Robyn placed her hand in mine and got close to me.

"No." She whispered. I sighed getting ready to get up until I heard the doorbell. I started panicking and sat down smiling so hard to where my cheeks were starting to hurt.

"Nika, it's not dat serious." Robyn said plainly.

"Go get the door!" I smiled pushing her off the couch.

"Giddy head ass." Robyn mumbled before leaving the couch. I heard the locks on my door turn and soon heard Beyonce's voice feel the silence of my house.

"Hey Robyn, what you doing here?" Beyonce asked. My eyes widen. 

"Fuck ya mean? I practically live 'ere." Robyn said.

"She ain't lying bout dat! She needa take ha ass home!" My mother yelled from her bedroom.

"Ain't nobody ask ya Carol!" Robyn yelled.

"Make mi call Monica!" My mom yelled back. Robyn got quiet and I laughed shaking my head.

"You ready babygirl?" Beyonce's voice was closer now. I looked up, pretty sure she had been looking into my bluish hazel eyes.

"Yea." I said.

"Why you late though?" I asked. Beyonce held my hand before responding.

"It's only 7:04." She said. I blushed feeling embarrassed.

"Sorry. I'll be on time next time." Beyonce said.

"Even when ya on time ya still late." Robyn chimed in.

"Robyn? Go home." I said. Robyn laughed.

"I am home." Robyn whispered do my mother wouldn't hear her.

**
ᴮᴱᵞᴼᴺᶜᴱ'ˢ ᴾᴼᵛ
7:56ᴾᴹ

"So is Robyn the only friend you got?" I asked Nicki as she sat in front on me at red lobster.

"Well she's the only person I trust, so I guess yea." Nicki said with a shrug. I nodded.

"You can't trust me?" I asked.

"Beyonce, you can't even compare to Robyn and I's relationship. You're still new to me, it'll take me a while to learn to trust you." Nicki said.

"But you trust me enough to go on a date alone with me?" I asked. I might sound a bit forward but I could care less. I'm just trying to see where I stand on her trust scale. So far I'm not liking it, I've never had to wait on a girl this long. Maybe it's because she can't see my good looks, or the looks I've been giving her. 

"Calm down. I can sense your aggravation, are you mad cause I don't trust you just yet? Why would it matter?" Nicki asked. I shrugged.

"I'm just used to getting what I want, when I want it. I've never waited this long." I said.  Nicki eyebrows furrowed.

"Are you only trying to have sex with me?" Nicki asked lowly. I could hear the hurt in her voice. I didn't respond.

"So you don't like me..." Nicki mumbled grabbing her phone which I'm wondering how goes she even use it.

"Siri call mommy." Oh. That makes sense.

"Calling mommy." Siri responded.

"Onika wait, I'm sorry. I fight mean to hurt you and I'm not trying to use you for sex. It's something deeper than that I feel." I said. Nicki sighed as her mom answered.

"Ya date ova already!" Her mom asked.

"No, I was just-

I glanced up at Nicki looking into her blue eyed. It's like she could see me too, but I knew she couldn't.

"I was just calling to check up on you." Nicki said. I have a small smile.

"Yea, Robyn eatin all da food." Her mother said. Nicki laughed shaking her head.

"Ok mommy, bye." Nicki said hanging up.

"I'm sorry-

"It's fine, lets just eat for now." Nicki said. I nodded in agreement.