XIII

We have been on the road for a good 2 weeks, and every day I fall more in love with that boy.

We stopped at a park to have a picnic. I was sitting next to Finn and holding his hand as he rubbed his thumb across the back of my hand. The park contained a breathtaking waterfall, I stood and admired it. My admiration was interrupted by a barking sound. Finn and I both got up to see what it was. "It's probably someone's dog" Finn said. Oh it was a dog alright. A little grey husky puppy ran straight too me. It was yapping, but I was only focused on her icy blue eyes. She started to lick my face and I could hear Finn giggling from behind me.

"Babe can we keep her!" I whined to Finn, and continued playing with the puppy. He knelt down next to me and the puppy and she immediately jumped on him, licking his face.

"We can call her Angel." Finn smiled at me. "Hi Angel I'm your daddy and this is your mama." He talked in a high pitched voice to the puppy.

*****
We decided to stay at the park that night, admiring the beauty of the world around us. Angel was fast asleep in the back of the van and Finn and I were laying outside looking at the starts and listing to the soft chirp of the crickets. "I never thought I would be laying here with you." I laughed

He looked toward me and said, "you look beautiful." I felt my cheeks heat up bright red.

"Stop." I said hiding my face.

"Seriously, have I told you how much I love you, because it's a fucking lot." He flirted. I scooted closer to him.

"Why are you being so lovey tonight?" I questioned laughing a little bit.

"Because I'm about to do something crazy." Finn said kind of serious.

"What?" I asked him, clearly confused. He sat up onto his knees and I followed his actions.

"Erica, I know we are only 17 and we have nothing in life figured out yet but I know one thing for sure-" he started but I interrupted him.

"Finn what are you-" but he quickly cut me off.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with your crazy ass." He giggled, I was in complete shock at what he was saying. He grabbed my hands and pulled me closer to him.

"Marry me." He said staring into my eyes. I couldn't get any words out of my mouth.

"Finn that's insane." Is all I managed to get out.

"Okay then I'm insane, but I can't live without you." He laughed.

"Then I must be insane too because I'm saying yes." I had tears in my eyes.

"W-wait really?" Finn stuttered and I swear I could see tears in his eyes too.

"Of course!" I squealed and tackled him into a hug. I was laying on top of him, "I love you Mr. Wolfhard."

"I love you too Mrs. Wolfhard."