Father Mateo's Women

FATHER MATEO'S WOMEN 

I was very hesitant to attend the Sunday masses last summer because of the rumor that surrounded Father Mateo. According to the rumor, the priest was involved with different women. Even though it was just a gossip but it had a great effect in our community. There were only few people that attended the mass of Father Mateo; these were who believed that he was not guilty of the crime that the community had been accusing him. Some religious moralists formed themselves a group, in which, its main goal was to oust the priest in the parish. The group even had a signature campaign in the village, convincing people that Father Mateo should go to another congregation because he is the "devil" in a man's clothing.  

I considered myself a critical thinker, skeptic, curious researcher and do not easily believe to rumors. I could not tell whether Father Mateo is guilty or innocent, what I need is strong and hard evidence. To tell you honestly, there were nights that I could not sleep because of the mystery that bounded the priest. I wanted to know the truth; I wanted to answer the questions that tickled in my mind such as: "Who are these women, are they Father Mateo's ex-girlfriends?", "What are the common characteristics of these women that a priest falls in love with?", "What are their professions, are they single, married or widowed?"  

One night, I waited in front of the convent, which was, located at the back of the parish church. I hid myself and my bicycle behind the trunk of an Acacia tree. It was already ten o' clock and the wind was blowing coldly when the priest appeared in the convent's garage and slowly rode his bicycle going to downtown. Without hesitation, I followed the holy man to his destination but I made sure that he wouldn't notice me that I was following him like a secret agent. I am just a 16-year-old curious teenager.  

Father Mateo stopped in a brothel, which is, situated in one of the oldest streets of Davao City. I stopped and hid behind a car that parked on the other side of the street. I watched closely as the priest entered the establishment and talked to the manager. The manager welcomed him and showed a room with a big glass window, in which, he could see the ladies inside.  

"Choose whoever you like sir," said the manager as he presented the women in sexy clothes. 

"I want that girl with red lips," Father Mateo pointed the lady he liked. 

"Your wish is my command," exclaimed the manager. 

"I will be waiting in room number 17 upstairs," said Father Mateo. 

"Okay, the lady will be there in less than a minute," the manager said as he left the priest and entered the glass room to get the girl. I was not contented of just knowing the destination of Father Mateo but I'm very much curious of what was going on inside, so I decided to become a customer of the brothel. I thought to myself that if I want to know the truth, I should be bold enough to cross the fire. When I entered the place, the manager was doubtful on my age. 

"Good evening sir," I greeted him. 

"Good evening too, how old are you?" he asked me with a distrustful eyes.  

"Hmmm...20!" I lied on my age. 

"Okay, as long as you have the money."  

"No problem," I showed to him my wallet with P 3,000 pesos inside.  

"Come, I will show to you the beautiful ladies I have," said the manager with smiling face.  

The manager showed to me the ladies in the glass room. He asked me which lady that I liked and I pointed the girl with red lips. After I made my choice, the manager instructed me to wait at room number 18 upstairs. I went to the room, sat on a chair beside the bed and waited for the girl. The room was simple; it was being lighted by a candle which was placed at the table near the curtained window. There were also picture frames to beautify the place. After a few minutes of waiting, a beautiful woman entered the room wearing white lingerie. She came closer to me and held my shoulder, then caressed my face. She got my right hand, placed it to her chest. She then tried to remove my shirt but I stopped her by placing her hands down.