Chapter 15- Prove Him Wrong

I stood helplessly aside while the two fought, feeling silent tears leave my eyes as I watched my two best friends.

"Don't you get it! Orochimaru is going to take your body anytime now!" Naruto shouted andgrily.

"If that happens... it happens.." Sasuke answered carelessly. "You're still quite the kid Naruto."

I scowled slightly knowing where his words were going.

"Revenge means everything to me... As long as I can have my revenge, I could not care less to what happens to me... or the whole world for that matter."

"You're lying," I accused, not being able to stop myself from taking a step towards Sasuke. "You still care."

"Seems like you don't get it either," Sasuke replied easily. "Let me make it clear to you. For both me and Orochimaru, right now, would be impossible to kill Itachi. But if I'm able to accomplish my goals by offering this body to Orochimaru... then he can have my life and my afterlife i he wants."

"You're lying!" I shouted angrily, taking my Katana out.

Sasuke turned to mee with an indiferent expression, whiles Sakura and Naruto looked confused. Sai looked... Sai lookde suspicious,

"You're going to fight me?" Sasuke inquired.

"No," I said, poiting the katana towards my heart. "I'm going to prove you wrong."

And with that I pulled the katana towards me-

"AKIRA WHAT-"

my hands were suddenly stopped.

"What are you doing?"

I had closed my eyes earlier, scared he might not stop me, but I could tell Sasuke was right now infront of me, and he hadstopped my wrist.

"You care," I said opening my teary eyes to Sasuke. "You try not to care, but you cant! You're human Sasuke! You care and you're scared and you are probably having doubts about this! I can honestly say when I first met you, if someone told me this would happen... that you'd do all you did... I would've believed them instantly. But then... then I met you. I really met you... and I thought you wouldn't do it. I thought you'd change. You care too much. You care about me, about Naruto, Sakura, yourself... and even about Itachi."

His hand suddenly tightened making me fall to my knees in pain. He broke my damn wrist.

"Dammit," he muttered taking my katana away and pulling me up delicatly, as if I might break... which I might. 

"See?" I said in a sad smile. "You're problem is you're too stubborn to listen. You don't want to care."

"How is it you know me so well?" he whispered, making it almost impossible to hear.

"I really love you as a brother Sasuke," I said solemly. "It might be my duty to annoy you... but also to understand you and care. Can you please come back... for me?"

"I'm sorry," he muttered before throwing me to Naruto, who caught me while he glared at Sasuke... he didn't hear anything he told me. He didn't know why I was crying more than before.

"Enough talk!" Yamato exclaimed suddenly "I had hoped not to have to resort to any of my cruder methods... but it's time I get serious."

Sasuke suddenly raised his arm, and I closed my eyes.

"Now now," a voice that sent shivers down my spine suddenly said. "There's no need to use that jutsu Sasuke-kun."

"Remove your hand," Sasuke ordered Orochimaru.

I kept my eyes closed, clinging to Naruto as If my life depended on it. I know I needed to show I was not weak. But I couldn't. This felt wrong. I felt broken.

"There you go again... forgetting who you're talkuing to." That I could tell was Kabuto.

"I have no reason to stop," Sasuke replied bluntly.

"You know quite well what Akatsuki is up to-" now that made my eyes snap open. "- we want to have our guests here from Konoha tak care of as many as them as possible... even just one would be fine. If the other Akatsuki members get in your way... your plans for revenge would hit a snag right?"

"That's... a pathetic excuse," Sasuke replied.

"But surely you'll allow it, since it might increase the chances of your revenge," Kabuto said.

"Let's go," Orochimaru ordered. Suddenly, they where gone.

I broke down completely, letting go of Naruto and falling to the floor. Why did this have to happen? When you read about it, or know about it... it's quite different. Here, I feel it. I feel betrayed, I feel... incomplete.

"Crying won't take him back to us," Sakura excalimed, making me look up. I noticed Naruto was crying beside me aswell. "We're still here... let's get stronger together!"

"You've still got 6 months... And four is better than 3 and I'm pretty strong as it is," Sai said smiling.

I found myself smiling too, and before he had anytime to do anything aout it, I was clinging to him while still crying a little. HE's so cute!

"hehe... thanks," Naruto said, stopping crying.

I let go of Sai and smiled sadly at him, before going back to Naruto and hugging him sideways trying to cheer him up.

"Let's go," Yamato finally exclaimed.

Sasuke... I just hope you don't do something you'll regret.

______________________________

annnnd here it is! sorry dfoor the long wait! and shortness! huge writers block :P

I NEED HELP! tell me what you think should happen! do you want more kiba? nore of her new roomates(or housemates...) tell me!