Chapter 9- When the Darkness Seeps In

Start from the beginning

"Bring me, that boy."

Kanan POV

"26,200 per cell?" Master Windu said, who was very surprised. I was in the Council Room, telling all the Masters about Ezra's midichlorian count. Masters Koon, Mundi and Tiin were on missions so they in there respective seats in hologram form. All the other Masters were here, with either surprised or impressed looks on their faces after I told them about my Padawan's midichlorian count. Except for Master Fisto who saw it firsthand.

"And he wastes it on doing meaningless pranks on me?" He exclaimed. Me and Master Depa has to stifle our laughter and so did almost all of the other Council members.

"That just means he likes you," I replied. He then retorted with 'humph'.

"Could Ezra really be the one to defeat Darth Bane?" Master Skywalker said in a serious tone. My happiness instantly died down. I was worried of what would happen.

"I think it would be wise to begin his lightsaber training, I fear that he will become the target of many Siths," Master Tano, or as she always tells me to call her, 'Ahsoka'.

"You do Knight Dume, what will?" Master Yoda said. I remembered me and Master Depa's conversation before. Rushing into things will only lead into disaster.

"I will spend the next few weeks on teaching Ezra lightsaber forms and when he's ready, I'll take him to get his Kyber crystal. I don't want to rush into something as delicate as gaining a lightsaber," I decided. Surprisingly all the Council members immediately nodded at my decision. And I also saw Depa look at me pride.

"So where is young Ezra?" Asked Depa. I smiled and chuckled.

"Well...," I started.

Hera POV( been a long time since a Hera POV right?)

"Hera you really don't have to do this," Ezra said while I was pulling his blanket over him, tucking him in his bed which was in a spare room of Kanan's dorm. Sometimes we would all stay in the Ghost but it got in a little fire fight and Kanan is letting me stay in his dorm (there's only two rooms, Kanan's and the spare which Ezra is using, can you guess which one Hera is staying in?;)wink).

"Well I actually like to so...," I trailed off.

"You really don't, I'm really ok, so you can just, you know," he said, his voice getting quieter. I looked at him and placed my hand on his cheek and lifted him gently so I could look at his eyes. Though in them were, bits of sadness and I think even worry.

"Ezra, is something wrong? You can tell me and I promise not to think less or tell anyone," I said with pleading eyes. He sighed in defeat and just stared at me with his blue eyes.

"Well, it's just that, I guess I just don't want you to get, sick of me?" He said slowly. I just stared at him, and then, I hugged him. He was startled at it at first, but then he just leaned into it. I then let go of him and looked at him.

"Why would you think I would or even could be sick of you?" I said. Now Ezra looked a bit guilty, probably sensing my sadness of him thinking such a thing.

"It's just that, when I was on the streets, a lot of people would always look at and treat me like trash or a piece of dirt under their boots and sometimes I could feel their disgust towards me, which was probably from the Force. Though what was worse was that I could sometimes hear them say under their breath that I was just a street rat, something that wasn't even worth looking at," he said, with tears now in his eyes, and I could feel some in mine as well.

"Oh Ezra," I started as I started patting his head in a soothing matter.

"I promise you neither I, Kanan, Ahsoka or anyone will treat you like that," I said.