5. Stefan- "If you hurt her.."

"What are you doing here?" I basically growl.
"I thought it was time we'd... catch up?"

  Damon is my older brother. We don't really get along and he hates me. When we were in vampire transition he didn't want to drink human blood. Me being selfish, I forced it down his throat. It's the one thing he'd never forgive me for.

"So that girl looks awfully familiar. E-Le-Naaa" he pronounces. "Damon. I swear if you hurt her-" Damon's laugh interrupts me.
"If I hurt her you'll do what? Kill me? Been there. Done that. I'm sure deer blood isn't going to give you enough strength to kill your big bro." He mocks.
I hate him.
    "How'd you know i've been-"  He interrupts me again. "Eating deers? I've asked the squirrels and they've been observing you. You should be a little more discrete." Damon thinks he's funny. I'm surprised he hasn't used his time to become a comedian. "Very funny Damon. But really why are you  here." My eyebrows frown.
"Well, little bro. There's word around here that Elena looks a lot like Katherine."
I raise my eyebrow. "Who's Katherine?" Damon snickers. "Very funny Stefan. With that hero hair and more jokes like that you can almost be funny." Damon looks at my puzzled expression and stops laughing.
  "No Damon i'm not kidding. Who's Katherine?"  I look at him weird.  I honestly don't know who Katherine is.
Two hours passed and Damon is screaming at me. "Stefan what the HELL do you know?" Damon must've had a thing with Katherine. I'm betting he wants to find her. "I don't know who Katherine is and I can't help you." I pause. "Why don't we just find Katherine and hmm.. Ask her?" I obviously point.
"Well because she's dead. I was in love with her, she looked just like Elena. Katherine was the one who turned us. How can you possibly not remember?" There's only one way.
"Compulsion." I whisper. 
"What the hell do you mean compulsion?" Damon asks.
"That's the only way I could've forgot-"   Damon stops me.
"Stefan do you remember the whole vamp ears thing? Yeah. I heard you. But there's no way you could've been compelled." I walk over to the drinks and pour myself another glass of bourbon. "It's possible for a vampire to be compelled. I read it in one of the books." I point out. Damon laughs.
"You really haven't been around, huh?"
I shake my head. "The only way a vampire can be compelled is if one of the original vampires compels you. Other than that, there's no way. The originals were last known to be in New Orleans. Do you at least remember that?"
  "I went to New Orleans, I got drunk and I partied. I didn't meet anybody there. I didn't know anybody. I had a great time. You should go sometime." My mouth spits out.
   Damon raises his eyebrow. "You were compelled! Damn it, damn it,damn it!" Damon bites his knuckle. Damon vamp speeds away and comes back with a book. He flips through the pages. "Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah, Finn & Kol Mikaelson . Those are the 5 originals. We find one, we might just find all. It says here they are bonded by their family vow 'always and forever'. All we need to do is find a witch to take the compulsion away, and then you can remember what happened and I can reunite with Katherine. Stefan where did you get these books?" I walk over to Damon and look at the books. I write Mikaelson on the page. It's the same handwriting. "Damon, I-I don't remember writing this. I don't know why I would even need information about the original family." Damon closes the book and takes a deep breath. "Witches. You must have wrote something about witches." Damon runs to the bookshelf and grabs as many books as he can and brings them back to the table. "Get the bottle of bourbon. We're gonna have a loong night." Damon says sing-songily.
    About five books later, I think i'm actually tired. Which is weird considering that fact that vampires don't get ti- "Less thinking more reading." Damon interrupts my thoughts. "What's so important about Katherine?" I ask innocently.
"You'll see when we get her." Damon dismisses me.
"Well that's not making me want to read." I say.
"Stefan, How was New Orleans?" Damon says as he's reading.
"I went to New Orleans, I got drunk and I partied. I didn't meet anybody there. I didn't know anybody. I had a great time. You should go sometime" I robotically spit.
Damon's eyes widen.
"I didn't meet anybody. I don't know anybody." Damon whispers. "I think you saw them when you weren't supposed to." Damon starts walking back and forth.
"Damon, I found about three witch last names, Sauna, Salvatore and Benett." I proudly say.
"Well, we know dear mommy was a witch, but she's dead. Sauna I have no idea about and Bennett sounds awfully familiar. Know anything big bro?" Damon asks.
  Instantly my mind goes to Elena. Her friend Bonnie was wearing a heirloom from the bennett family. She must be a bennett but, judging by her innocence she probably doesn't even know what power she has. I can't let Danon torture her into helping him do something that isn't necessary.
  "No." I shrug my shoulders. Damon bites his knuckles and then takes a shot of his drink. Maybe if I find out who Katherine is first, I can help him find her so that Bonnie won't just be collateral damage. Even though I probably cancelled the thought of Bennett, you can never be too sure with Damon. I know I have all my old journals in my room and if I really did know Katherine the journals will prove it.
"Okay Damon, i've helped you out enough. There's hundreds of books here for you to look
through that's all I can help. I'm going to go rest my eyes." Damon shoos me away.

**I know I take forever to update i'm sorry i only write when i have inspiration 😩***