1 2 . p e o n y

"I can't believe you're leaving," Isabelle murmured as she tapped her number into Dahlia's phone.

"I'm going to be minutes away," Dahlia offered in reply, shrugging her shoulders, "I'll come visit."

The black haired girl nodded. "It's Alec's birthday on Monday, remember? You have to come 'round."

She smiled and nodded. "Of course I will."

Isabelle handed her phone back to her. "I put in Jace's and Alec's number, just in case you need to get ahold of any of us." She hugged the girl tightly. "Oh, I'm gonna miss you so much!"

"I'll miss you, too." She giggled softly. "But, as I said before, I'll come visit—this definitely isn't the last time we're seeing each other."

Izzy nodded, pulling away from her and smiling. Alec and Jace appeared only moments later, Alec carrying Max on his back. The seven year old was clinging to his older brother tightly.

"Bye, Dahlia," the little boy said, waving his hand and grinning.

She smiled back. "Bye, Max."

Dahlia said her goodbyes to Jace and Alec before greeting Robert and Maryse and thanking them for their hospitality. They'd both told her that she was welcome there any time she pleased.

"Dahlia!" she heard somebody call from behind her, "Wait up."

She turned around to face Jace, a shy smile on his face as he ran his fingers through his hair. "What's up?" she asked him, raising her eyebrows.

"Mind if I join you?" he asked, "I could do with some time away from the Institute."

"Be my guest," she replied, smiling.

The two made their way to the subway and got to Brooklyn after a few minutes. The two decided to walk to Magnus's loft because it wasn't that far from where they were.

When they finally reached the loft, Dahlia turned to Jace. "I guess I'll see you on Monday, huh?"

"Yeah." he nodded and smiled. "I'll see you then."

She opened her arms for a hug and Jace obliged, stepping forward and wrapping his arms around her waist. She had her hands on his shoulder, forearms on his back as she hugged him tightly.

"Bye, Jace," she said, reluctantly pulling away from him.

✧∘.∙*✧∘.∙*✧∘.∙*

"Now," Magnus said, leaning back against the couch and lifting his legs to rest on the coffee table, "Tell me what's going on with this Wayland boy."

"Going on?" repeated Dahlia, raising her eyebrows in his direction as she took a sip of her tea, "There's nothing going on."

The Warlock rolled his eyes playfully and gave her a disbelieving, deadpanned look. "Okay, now tell me something that's actually true."

"There's nothing going on," she insisted, "But..." Magnus smiled at that and she continued, "I...I think I like him. Or, well, I know I like him but I just don't know what I'm supposed to do with that information.

"It's like... he makes me feel weird. For example, whenever he's around I get all happy and my stomach flutters and I blush stupidly. It's just...weird," she confessed, sighing, "And I don't know how he feels about me. He's a complicated person. On one hand, he's really sweet and kind and stuff but, on the other, he can also be very closed off."