Part 2- A part of you

Kaheen kisi bhi gali mein jaaun main
teri khushboo se Takraaun main
har raat jo aata hai mujhe
wo khwaab tu...

tera mera milna dastoor hai
tere hone se mujhme noor hai
main hoon soona sa ek aasmaan
mehtaab tu...

O karam khudaya hai
tujhe maine jo paaya hai
tujhpe marke hi to
mujhe jeena aaya hai

O tere sang yaara
khushrang bahara
tu raat deewani
main zard sitaara

O tere sang yaara
khushrang bahara
tere bin ab to
na jeena gawaara

...

Flashback

Avni sat on the closed toilet seat rattling in sobs, she looked down at her hands fearfully. She held a positive pregnancy test, her worst fears had come true. She had been showing symptoms but she had prayed that this wouldnt happen. She slowly placed a hand on her stomach weeping. 'How could i do this to Neil? What if he doesnt want a baby? First i married him forcefully and how I'm burdening him with a child. He says he loves me but I know his sacrificing nature. I can't do this to him. I need to leave.' She sits there and cries until her eyes are rubbed raw and she feels sick.

Neil searches the house for avni, he sees shweta sitting on the sofa flicking through a magazine. He frowns in concern.

Neil- Maa avni kaha hai? (Shweta shook her head not knowing where she was.)

Shweta-  wo kuch dher pehele bathroom mein chala gaya tha..

Neil runs up the stairs his face warped in worry. He calls out for avni repeatedly, his voice breaking in apprehension.

Avni heard him yelling out but was too embarassed to respond. He hears her cries, and worriedly rushes behind the noise. He reaches outside the bathroom door, he shakes in fear.

Neil- Avni? Kya hua? Darwaza kholo... mein yaha hu, kyu roh rahi hu? Tum ko mujhe bata sakthi hu avni... (his voice was pleading in concern, Avni still cried sorely, trying to crush the test in her fist in frustration.) Avni tu khol do ya mein darwaza thodunga aur aandar awunga... avni...

She still refused to move, biting her lip so hard in anger at herself that it stared bleeding and streaking blood over her face. Neil became impaitent in panic, he took a few steps back. He then charged at the door, slamming in to it and breaking it open.

He is aghast at her state, her feet folded to her chest and head hidden in her hands and breaking out in cries. He rushed to her side, and lifted her face to look at him.

Neil- Avni? Aisa kyu roh rahi hu? (His own eyes tear up seeing her this way.) Kisi ne kuch kaha? Kisi ne kuch kiya- (he started fueling up in anger thinking someone hurt his avni. Avni shook her head suprising him a little.) Phir kya hua?

Shakily, she held out her hand that had the the test in it, looking away in guilty shame.

Avni- Im so sorry Neil... (Neil slowly took it out of her hands in shock. He looked down at it in puzzlement.)

Neil- (his eyes light up.) Iska matlab...

Avni- Haan Neil im sorry...

Neil- Iska matlab tum maa ban ne wale ho!? (His voice is filled with glee as he looks up at her with adorably big eyes. She nods, confused and dumb folded.)
Sorry!? Why the hell are you saying sorry!?

He stands up and suddenly lifts Avni by her waist, spinning her round repeatedly, laughing giddily, Avni is still taken aback. He hooks her legs around his waist and carries her out of the bathroom and out of their room, down their stairs and in to the living room, all while yelling out names of their family members.

In the living room Bebe, prakash and Shweta all sat around the coffee table, looking at their compromising position, laughing but also utterly lost. Neil snaps out of it a second but doesn't lose his excitement. He puts her on the ground, but cant stop smiling goofily in elation.

Neil- Maa! Bebe! Papa! (He yelled out bubbling with happiness.)

Shweta- chills tillu

Bebe- Kya hua beta?

Neil- Bebe! (He just continued to yell out their names, unable to comprehend his ecstacy. Avni goes back a little nervously and shamefully, confused by his behaviour and fiddling with her now messed up saree.)

Bebe- Haan tillu hum sun rahe hai, hum 10 minutes se sun rahe, kuch bolenga?

Neil- (He squealed like an 11 year old girl in euphoria) Bebe Avni pregnant hai! Papa! Mein papa hone wala hu! World ki best papa, oh obviously after you.(Avni was completely red in shyness but the sparkle hadn't left Neil's eyes. He ran over to avni and then squeezed her in a bone crushing hug. He held her for ages, sighing happily in to her hair and too happy too move.)

The family gasp in surprise and absolute joy. Bebe clears her throat making them part, and then they all run to Avni and fuss about her. Bebe tucked her hair out her face and pinched her cheeks and shweta side hugged her, while prakash sat her down on the sofa. He rang up a doctor with a smile he couldn't take off his face. Avni smiled a little, proud and happy that she could make the family that had done so much for her so happy.

Bebe- Wow beta, tu aur avni moved fast huh? (Avni blushed so hard she went purple.) I thought i had seen too much love between you both...

Neil- Bebe...- (He blushed rosy as well.)

Bebe- haan okay we are going, you both talk... we have a lot of people to tell this news. Avni beta chinta mat karo hum Neela ko bata loonga... (Avni nodded meekly.) Beta! You made us so happy! Mein ab badi dadi banunga!

They left the room leaving Neil and Avni alone.Neil had an irreplacable smile on his face while Avni's tears reappeared, she was still guilty. He frowned in concerned confusion at seeing her cry again, he went to her, kneeled in front of her and wiped at her tears.

Neil- Itni khush baat hai... kyu roh rahi hu avni?

Avni- (Her small voice broke his heart) tujhe sacch me is bacche ko chaata hai? (He furrowed his eyebrows at her in question.) Humare shaadi ek dhoka tha Neil... tumhe meri aur iss bacche ke bojh ko utane ki zarowath nahi hai. Agar tum chaate ho, mein yaha se jaa sakte ho. Im sorry Neil.

Neil- (His eyes were so immensely hurt and angry) kya bakwas bol rahi ho Avni? Pagal hogaya kya? Mein tumse pyaar karti ho avni... aur is baccha- hamare baccha (he placed his hand on her stomach.) is part of us... is part of you... how can i not love something that is part of you meri jaan... ( She smiled with tears of delight as he reaches up and planted a loving kiss on her stomach then in her hair.) I love you Avni, and i love our child, tum dono mere sab kuch hai aur mein vada karthi hu ki main hamare bachche ke lie duniya ka sabase acha papa hone ke lie apanee pooree koshish karoonga. But tum kabhi bhi kahi bhi jaane ke baare mein phir se bolunga? Promise?

Avni placed her hand over his that rested on her stomach, smiling at him in overwhelming happiness and admiration.

Avni- Promise.