Chapter Eight - What did he do?

Start from the beginning

"Oh." He mumbled. Well, at least he knew what was happening to him before. "So, why exactly did you want to speak to me?" He asked.

"I've seen you train with Eve and Jay. You're good. I need people like that on my team."

"Your team?"

"Yeah, my team. We're basically the guards or police of the colony. We help those in need, and put people back in their place if necessary."

Murphy nodded, it was kind of like what Bellamy wanted. Only, the main rule was "whatever the hell we want".

"I want you to be recruited on it. Would you like to try it?"

He shrugged. "I've kind of figured that if you're not training, then it's kind of boring around here. Sure, I'll do it."

"Alright." He grinned, standing up from the chair. "You start as soon as you're healed. I'll go tell Leader Jackson the news." He spun around, taking long strides towards the door.

"Who's Leader Jackson?" Jack froze, his hand on the doorknob.

"He- uh... He's basically like the chancellor of the colony, I guess you could say... I gotta go." He mumbled. Jack quickly exited the room, leaving Murphy confused as he did so. Who was Leader jackson? Jack almost seemed scared when Murphy said his name. He seemed even more frightened when Murphy asked who he was.

Eve came back in the room, followed by Jay and Hannah. Eve smiled, sitting on the edge of his bed. "It seems Jack has taken a liking to you." She grinned. "You should feel special."

Murphy chuckled. "I hope so, he looks like he would have no problem with killing me if he didn't."

Jay laughed. "Oh believe me, he wouldn't even give it a second thought."

Eve smiled softly. "You're allowed to leave tomorrow, if you want."

"How long have you been able to leave?" Murphy asked her. If he was able to leave so soon after he had woken up with the burns that he had, then surely she should have been able to leave by now.

"You two have been in here for a total of nine days. Eve woke up on the second day, and you woke up on the night of the eighth day. She's been here since she woke up." Jay smiled softly.

Murphy's eyes widened. "You didn't leave the hospital for seven days?"

Jay laughed. "She didn't even leave the room!"

Within a few minutes, Hannah and Jay left the hospital to go train once again. Murphy stared up at Eve silently.

"Why?" Murphy aked her, curious. Why would she stay after what he'd done? "Why did you stay? You were allowed to leave this horrid place. Why stay?"

"I wanted to make sure you were okay. It's my fault you're in here, I think it should be my job to help you." Oh, right... She didn't know what he'd done. Murphy felt a pang of guilt in his chest, but he surpressed it.

Murphy sighed softly, laying back in the bed. "You didn't have to do that."

"Yes, I did." She frowned at him.

"Eve, I care more about your well-being than my own. I think I've proved that already." He smiled softly at her, taking her hand in his and squeezing it lightly. She glanced down at it, biting her lip slightly.

She slowly pulled her hand out of his, and stood up out of the chair. "You shouldn't. It will only get you killed." With that, she left the room, leaving Murphy stunned and filled with confusion.

At that moment, he swore to himself that he would find the answers to the following:

Who Leader Jackson is.