Chapter one, part one: The Beginning

Start from the beginning

"Thank you dear, I was quite parched."

---

June 10th 1988
---
It was the last day of school, and the bell had just rang that signaled them to 'get the hell out of there' summer break had just begun, and Adrian Mari's hell-like freshman year was over. Everyone was leaving. Her friend Chase walked her out because she didn't really feel like waiting for her aide to show up because she didn't wanna stay in this hell hole for any longer.

She was quite excited to see her friends again, and hang out with them in the tree house that her dad helped her build in 5th grade.

she would get to see the island of misfit toys she called friends again, and not have to do anything for school.

They were all dorkily awkward, nerdy and unique just like her. That wasn't a bad thing though. She liked them that way. They stuck together no matter what, they were insufferable.

As she was walking out of class, she said goodbye to her teacher, and walked out with Chase.

"So, you up for a game of D&D with me and Dante today?" He asked her. "It's gonna be EPIC!"

She laughed a little, looking at him. "Yeah, sure, I don't have anything else to do tonight..." she said. "Your brother won't be home right?"

"Of course not Adrian! He's busy. His schedule is filled up with plans to terrorize kids."

She laughed again. "Shocker..." she joked.

They walked out the school doors. (They had already gone to their locker before 9th period.)

Right before the door closed, Dante Smith slid through the door. "Hey guys!"

"Hey!" Adrian and Chase both said, in sync with each other.

"Jinx!" Adiy said. "You owe me a soda!"

"Awe, really?" He asked.

"She jinxed you man, so now you gotta give the her what she asked for, and She asked for a soda... that's the rules of jinx." Dante said.

Chase hit his hand to his forehead and sighed
"Dude!"

"What? I'm just saying..."

"Alright fine, we can stop at the convenience store near the play ground, and get you a dang soda!"

She turned to him smiling. "See, now was that sooo hard?" She joked.

"Shut up..." He laughed.

They walked to the store, but not without seeing Chase's idiot brother tormenting the new kid with his bully friends.

"I'll be right back!"

"Dude no! He'll beat you up too if you go alone! He'll turn you into dust!"

"Chase, don't worry, my legs may be disabled but I pack a mean punch, man!"

"Alright but if you die, don't haunt me saying it was my fault!"

She stuck her tongue out at him, and headed to the playground.

Chad was the brother Chase Worthington, and who's one of the most richest duche bag guys in all of the neighborhood, he bullied her and her friends all the time. Luckily his brother Chase didn't inherit the duche-bag gene.

And then there was the new kid. She didn't know his name, but she felt sad for him, so she headed over there.

She heard them snicker as they were taunting him.

"What stupid game you playing nerd?"

"S-s-super Mario three!"

"Well I got three words for you dork, you're gonna feel pain!"