A Cloudless Sky

"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." -Shikamaru Nara

Chapter One:

A Cloudless Sky.

Shikari Nara, nine year old daughter of Shikaku and Yoshino Nara, heiress of the Nara clan, was a smart girl. 

Though, all of her peers, with the exception of her childhood friends Choji and Ino, thought she was simply a loser like her fellow classmate Naruto. Shikari didn't care that people saw her as a loser, in fact she actually enjoyed being seen as a loser.

Why?

Because no one expected anything of her.

Which meant she was free to just waste her years watching clouds and taking naps.

More often than not, Ino or Yoshino would interrupt her lazy habits, but all in all Shikari Nara was content with her life. She was content with just graduating the Academy, becoming a shinobi, reach Chunin and serve her village for until she got married. Then, she'd just raise two children, a girl first and then a boy, while supporting her husband and playing board games, taking naps and watching the clouds.

As the heiress of the Nara clan, she knew her life wouldn't end up being so simple. She was cynical like that.

She was right, because everything changed when she woke up freezing and laying in the snow in a place she didn't recognize. Quickly sitting up, the nine year old girl hid her arms in the modest green kimono she had worn to bed the night before.

"K-kai," the girl uttered, releasing a little bit of her chakra.

Unsurprisingly, her surroundings didn't change. She hadn't really expected it to work either way, because no one would have placed her under a Genjutsu in her own compound while she was sleeping. It was a known fact that Genjutsu on an unconscious person could have dire effects, and no one would dare do it to her, lest they wanted to see why her father was named the commander of the Jonin force.

"T-troublesome," Shikari sighed as she looked over her surroundings.

Snow? Check.

Trees? Barely visible, but check.

There were no footprints in the snowy ground, which Shikari deduced must mean that she had been sleeping (or knocked out) long enough for whoever had kidnapped her to vanish without a trace.