eleven // hands of time

Start from the beginning

"Go. I'll be fine."

She smiles at me, not needing to say anything. She leaves the house, to meet Sophie and find the girl that sold me the poison.

The plans being, meet Sophie, find out what the other witch, Katie knows, and then use it against Marcel.

All I have to do is wait.

Again.

--------

"Are you out of your mind? No way." Sophie is quick to object, which no one is surprised by.

"It's very simple. We need you to perform a teeny, tiny locator spell to help us find our brother."

Sophie had been brought to what do you know, here. My own personal hell, or should I say home.

As it turns out, Katie is in love with Thierry. Niklaus was pleased to hear, it being the perfect opportunity to get rid of him.

However, I am once again put in the useless category. Niklaus is worried about the use of my powers. So, he believes Sophie is the better choice.

The better choice.

I hate that.

"Witches who practice magic in this town get caught, and they get killed." Sophie argues, telling us what we already know.

"Yes. About that, it seems you left out a crucial detail when we made our deal. Marcel's secret weapon, the way he knows when a witch is using magic." Niklaus states, quite angry about the situation. He hates not knowing what he's up against.

Rebekah reaches up from her seat, gesturing height. "Girl about yay high, cute as a button, anger issues."

Sophie is shocked by the information. Not the kind of shocked where you have no idea and are suddenly in the loop. The kind of shocked that meant she had no idea we had any idea about this information.

"Davina?" Sophie mutters, realising the fact. "Where have you seen her?"

"I don't know. The little brat erased my memory right after she threw me out a window with her bloody mind." Rebekah exaggerates, obviously pissed off.

"Let me cut to the chase." Niklaus interrupts. "Davina has Elijah. You witches, I assume, want to get Davina away from Marcel. We don't know where she is. Ergo, we need magic."

My magic is different to other witches. It's unpredictable, and most of the time uncontrollable. My magic could be easily tracked with or without Davina.

I don't even know if the spell I cast a few days ago wasn't being blocked, and simply didn't  work.

"Davina would sense it."

"Unless, of course, another witch, say a traitor to the cause, Katie, for example. She was to perform much more powerful magic at the same time. That would create a smokescreen concealing your very small spell from Davina." Rebekah explains, surprisingly making a lot of sense.

"Katie doesn't deserve to die."

I agree with Sophie. I do.

But as much as I hate the situation, the truth is, war cannot be won without violence. Some may disagree, I know I used to. But in the world of the supernatural, I have come to realise the truth.

"Sophie Deveraux!" Niklaus says loudly, slamming his palm onto the coffee table before standing. "You're in no position to be so principled." He claims, making his way towards her.

"You can't win a war without a few strategic losses, no matter how regrettable they may be." He says, as if reading my thoughts. "How many times have the vampires been one step ahead, known something they shouldn't. Your sister executed in the public square for practicing magic, who knew she'd be caught? Did she even attempt to flee?"