― t w o. An Attack on one is an Attack on All

Start from the beginning

     Lzzy chuckled to herself, cracking a smile.

     "Lzzy Hayes," a voice announced. Lo and behold, I was right about Reggie going after Lzzy. She simply rolled her eyes and ignored him.

     "Pretty brave of you to come back to school after the little stunt your gang pulled on us last night," Reggie leaned against the lockers in a very close proximity to Lzzy. The other Bulldogs crowding around as well.

     Lzzy continued to ignore him, pretending to rearrange the books in her locker to pass the time.

     I groaned in response when Reggie did not get the memo. "Leave her alone, will you?" I stepped up to him.

     "Whoa, Kenna Andrews," Reggie stepped back astound, "Last night you were fighting for the Bulldogs against the Serpents and now you're defending one?"

     "I wasn't fighting for the Bulldogs, I was fighting for my brother-"

     "-Hey, What's going on?" Archie stepped in, Betty and Veronica following behind.

     "Your sister seems to be having trouble knowing which side she's on," said Reggie. "Watch out, Hayes. Doesn't mean you're a girl means I'll go easy on you," Reggie threatened before walking away.

     Archie watched Reggie and the Bulldogs disappear from sight before asking me, "You okay?"

     "Yeah, I'm fine," I reassured him.

     The school school bell rang, and everyone in the hallway started dispersing into their own ways including Archie.

     Lzzy watched as everyone disappeared before finally saying a word, "Fucking asshole." Lzzy slammed her locker door shut.

     "I know," I replied.

     "What did Reggie say about you fighting for the Bulldogs?" asked Lzzy. "You know what? Tell me about it after school. At our usual spot." Lzzy and I then went separate ways for our first lessons.

★ ★ ★

Our usual spot was at the back of the school. That was the spot where we would hang out sometimes and smoke cigarettes. Luckily, we have never gotten caught.

     I took my time strolling to the back of the school as I knew Lzzy was gonna be late. She was always late for whenever we needed to meet up.

     I wasn't alone when I reached the back of the school, there was already a group of students hanging out there which was unusual because only Lzzy and I knew about this place.

     That would probably be because they weren't students, not students of Riverdale High at least, the double-headed Serpent in the form of an 'S' on the back of their leather jackets says so otherwise.

     I recognised a few of them whom I've seen hang out with Lzzy multiple times. There was this guy who stood out the most from the others as he had platinum blond hair. He was the one I saw hang out with Lzzy the most.

     There was also another guy who stood out from the others. He was tall and had a muscular build, he also had a noticeable Southside Serpent tattoo on his neck. But what stood out the most was the black eye he had on the left side of his face.

     This guy was in the fight last night.

     Not just any guy. He was the one beating up my brother last night. The same guy that I tackled and gave the black eye to.

     I started backing away but my movements weren't fast enough and the Serpents turned around and noticed me.

     "Hey!" The guy with the black eye called out.

     I froze, not knowing how to respond as he started approaching me.

     "You still remember from last night?" he asked. The other Serpents also started gathering around.

     I suddenly felt small. I was not as tough as I was last night, sitting on top of him and beating him into a bloody pulp. I was way shorter compared to him as he towered over me.

     My heart was pounding fast against my chest. The Serpent looked menacing, as though he was going to beat me up. I still stood my ground, trying not to show fear.

     I took a deep breath. "Why wouldn't I? The black eye looks good on you," my smart mouth got the best of me.

     The Serpent clenched his fist, trying to hold in his anger. 'Ooo's caroled from the other Serpents crowding around. I suddenly regretted what I had just said, afraid that I was really going to get beat up now.

     "Oh, so you do recognise me," he replied. "Here to give me another black eye?"

     I prepared myself to fight back. I was holding in every ounce of anger to not beat up this guy again. "I am if you don't back up and leave me alone-"

     "-Break it up, ladies!" Lzzy finally arrived and intervened. She stood between us and pushed us away from each other to prevent us from fighting.

     "You know her?" The Serpent asked Lzzy.

     "Well of course, I do. She's my Friend," Lzzy replied.

     "Well your friend here fought with the bulldogs against the Serpents last night and also gave me this," he pointed at his black eye.

     "Hey!" I raised my voice. Taking a step closer towards him. "I wasn't fighting for the Bulldogs neither was I fighting against the Serpents. I was only fighting for my brother whom you were beating up-"

     "Okay! Break it up!" Lzzy pushed us away from each other again.

     This thing about me fighting for the Bulldogs against the Serpents was getting repetitive and annoying. I've been hearing it a lot all day.

     "Kenna," Lzzy turned to me and spoke in a soft tone, "Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll meet you tomorrow instead?"

     "Sure." I glared at the Serpent before walking away.

     "What the hell, Liz?" I heard them continue arguing as I walked away. "You're just going give that Northsider a free pass?"

     "Yes, I am, Sweets, get over it!" Lzzy argued back.

     I rolled my eyes even though no one could see it. I reached into my bag and fished out a pack of cigarettes. I could really use one right now to calm my nerves. This is why I hated engaging in drama, now I have the Southside Serpents coming after me.

 This is why I hated engaging in drama, now I have the Southside Serpents coming after me