Chapter 28: Breaking Into the Door Lab

"So your calculations were a little off," a student said while he and others exited the door lab.

"That door took me all semester," another responded.

"It's too dangerous," a third insisted.

"The professor's just going to shred it," the first stated.

They didn't even see Mike, leaning against the lockers, looking at the door lab with a determined look.

Meanwhile, Sulley left the field as he held the trophy and the monsters that passed him congratulated him.

"There he is, the big guy," one monster said.

"The first of many trophies, I am sure," another commented.

But Sulley wasn't paying attention. He was upset that he ruined a friendship and any shot of being with Y/N. He looked at his reflection through the trophy. He wondered what kind of monster this made him.

"Sullivan. Nice work out there. I look forward to having you back in class," Professor Knight said, snapping Sulley from his thoughts.

Sulley still thought about what he should do.

"Hey, there he is!" Chet said, making Sulley look at them.

"Looks like I was wrong about you. You're one of us after all," Johnny replied, handing Sulley a ROR jacket.

As they congratulated him, he saw Hardscrabble and Professor Knight. He then knew what he had to do. He shoved the jacket back to Johnny and ran to them.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Johnny demanded, but Sulley kept running.

Then as more students left the door lab, Mike took one of their IDs, slid it on the card slider, and went inside.

As Y/N looked for Mike, she saw Sulley talking to Hardscrabble and Professor Knight. Curiosity got the better of her and she decided to listen.

"You did what?" Hardscrabble demanded.

"My team had nothing to do with it. It was all me. I cheated," Sulley admitted.

"I expect you off campus by tomorrow," she told him.

"Yes, ma'am," he answered sadly.

Y/N was surprised at what Sulley did. She was still a little mad at him, but what he did was the first step of her forgiving him. She decided to help him out a little.

"You're a disgrace to this university and your family name," Hardscrabble remarked harshly, making Sulley feel even worse.

"No he's not," Y/N chimed in.

All three of them looked at her as she approached them and stood by Sulley.

"It's not just his fault; it's mine too," Y/N said.

"Yours, Miss M/L/N? How?" Professor Knight asked.

"I pressured him into changing Mike's settings. I didn't think he could do it either, so I made Sulley do it. Now, he could've left it alone and he did it anyway, but he wouldn't have if I didn't force him to do it," Y/N explained.

Sulley was taken back by this majorly. After everything he did to her and Mike, Y/N is risking being a great Scarer for him?

"Well, Miss M/L/N, you will be expected to leave campus tomorrow as well," Hardscrabble said.

"Will do," Y/N answered.

They left and Sulley looked at Y/N, beyond confused.

"Why did you do that? You've just ruined your chances of being a great Scarer," he pointed out.

"So did you. And believe me, I'm still a little ticked at you, but what you did for Mike, that counts a lot in my book and his. I didn't want to leave you hanging like that. We both owe Mike an apology and this is the first step. Plus, with you gone, this place would be boring to me," Y/N explained.

Sulley smiled at her and kissed her, which she returned. They parted and gazed into each other's eyes.

"You're full of surprises, Y/N," he whispered.

"I try," she smirked, making him chuckle.

That's when they heard an alarm coming from the door lab. Hardscrabble ran out to see one of the teachers.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"Someone broke into the door lab!" the teacher answered.

"What?" Hardscrabble questioned and flew toward it.

Sulley and Y/N thought of who would do this until realization hit them.

"Oh, no," they said and they ran/flew toward it too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Oh snap! You helped out Sulley and now Mike is getting himself in trouble! Aye caramba!