Chapter 18: The Party

The Oozmas made it to the RORs that night for the party, but they were nervous except for Mike, Y/N and Sulley.

"Do young people still dance? Because my moves are a little rusty," Don asked.

"Oh, we forgot to bring a hostess gift," Terry said.

"We can't go in there without some scented candles," Terri insisted.

"Calm down. We earned this," Mike stated.

"You guys have nothing to worry about," Y/N assured.

"What if there's a lull in the conversation? I never know what to-- You know..." Squishy trailed off, not knowing the next word.

"Say?" Y/N and Mike guessed.

"How are you so good at this?" Squishy asked.

"We just took on an angry 50-foot librarian, and you're afraid of a little party?" Y/N wondered.

"Take a deep breath," Mike instructed, which they did, and he added as he opened the doors, "And in you go!"

Once they entered, the music stopped and the monsters looked at them. Mike just lightly elbowed Squishy to say something.

"Hello," he said.

"It's Oozma Kappa!" a monster exclaimed.

"These guys are crazy!" the president Omega Howl stated.

"What you did today was insane! That was awesome!" another monster said.

The music came back on and as the monsters greeted them, Mike smirked at Sulley to prove his point.

"Oozma Kappa, tonight we party like Scarers!" Mike shouted and the other members cheered.

The party got bigger as everyone danced like crazy. The Oozmas were enjoying themselves as well.

"I've never stayed up this late in my life!" Squishy stated to the PNKs as they danced around him and giggled.

Sulley just leaned against the wall, watching Y/N dance. He couldn't quit watching her as she swayed her hips to the music. Then he noticed Johnny come up to her.

"Hey, M/L/N, wanna dance?" he asked.

"No thanks," she answered.

"Oh come on. You know you want to," Johnny smirked.

"I know I don't," Y/N said.

When he started to move in on her, Sulley took that opportunity to go and help her out.

"Sorry, Johnny. I already asked Y/N to dance with me," Sulley stated, putting an arm around her.

Y/N caught on and added, "That's right. Now if you'll excuse us."

They walked away from the president of the RORs and started dancing.

"Thanks, Blue Boy," Y/N said.

"No problem. Consider us even," Sulley smirked.

"Are you sure you did it because you owed me and not because you like me?" she smirked back.

This made Sulley a little flustered and he stammered over his words.

"N-No. I-- I just thought that it would be better if the RORs didn't bother you," he insisted.

"Sure," Y/N remarked sarcastically.

"Shut up and dance with me," Sulley responded.

She giggled and obeyed.

Meanwhile, Mike went further in the back to see pictures of all the monsters who had lived in the fraternity house and the trophy of the Scare Games the RORs had won. He looked at his reflection to see him look more terrifying and he smiled. Then he tested his roar and he looked scary. This brought more hope to him about being a Scarer. Then he went back to the party.

"Hey, quiet! Quiet! Quiet down, you can-wranglers," Johnny quieted them down and announced, "All right. On behalf of the RORs, we'd like to congratulate all the teams that have made it this far. All, right, let's hear it for the PNKs!"

The PNKs growled and their eyes glowed red.

"I love that trick! Never gets old," Johnny commented then continued, "HSS!"

One of the members of HSS hissed scarily.

"Very creepy," Johnny said then remarked, "And finally, the surprise team of the Scare Games, Oozma Kappa! Come on over, guys."

The monsters cheered as the Oozmas walked to the center of the  room.

"Now, I got to admit, fellas, I thought you were a bunch of nobodies. But, boy, was I wrong. Let's hear it for Oozma Kappa!" Johnny replied.

"Oozma Kappa!" the monsters chanted.

Then different colored paint doused the "OK" team from above. Sulley had purple, Y/N had red, Terri and Terry had orange, Don had green, Squishy had yellow, Art had blue, and Mike had pink.

"What?" Mike questioned.

"The most adorable monsters on campus," Johnny finished.

Then glitter and flowers were thrown on them. All the monsters just laughed at them.

"Release the stuffed animals," Johnny commanded.

Randall and G/E/N let a rope go and stuffed animals came raining down.

"Faced!" Chet said and took their picture.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Well, you guys have been humiliated. Will y'all get past it?

P.S. "Shut Up and Dance" belongs to Walk the Moon.