five

back to you

C H A P T E RFIVE

C H A P T E R
FIVE

"Yes Nathan, I'm pretty sure." Venus said, raising her eyebrows as she sipped on her strawberry milkshake. Nathan furrowed his eyebrows, leaning on the table. "So.. you're sure he's not pressuring you?"

"Into what?"

"Sex." Venus choked on her milkshake looking at Nathan. "I won't talk to you about this."

Nathan let out a laugh, looking at the girl. He had a crush on her when they first met but he knew he had to keep his hands away when he found out that she was Brandon's girlfriend. But it didn't stop him for making witty and personal questions.

"Hey, Venus." She looked up and saw him. Richie, but now he had his glasses. She held her breath letting out a strained smile, looking towards Nathan for help who only leaned back, against the booth smiling innocently.

"Hey Rich." She said back stirring her milkshake. Nathan looked at Richie as he smiled. "You know what, I was leaving anyways." Not giving Venus a chance to say anything he ran away from the diner as Richie sat opposite to her.

"Soo..." Venus said awkwardly, looking into his eyes. "You're holding up all right?"

Richie pursed his lips, looking at her. "You know, I'm sorry right?" His voice cracked slightly as Venus sighed leaning away from him.

"I don't want to talk about it."

"You know we have to."

Venus looked at him with glossy eyes. "I know we were younger, but you.. you making snarky and pervy comments to other girls while holding my hand. It hurt."

Richie sighed looking down at his hands as he fiddled with a bracelet. "I -- I.. You know how I am sometimes."

"And that's why I broke up with you." Venus said smiling sadly, as she slipped out of the booth holding her purse close. It hurt to even see him. To remember all the times they spent together, the memories coming back. She closed her eyes breathing in and out as a tear fell down her cheek.