1:2

LMA - Chapter One (Part 2)

In the midst of Luo An Hai's continuous sobbing, she heard someone calling her.

"Mistress," Mrs. Chen called.

Luo An Hai's eyes opened widely, and a blurry face of a younger Mrs. Chen appeared.

"Mrs. Chen?" Luo An Hai asked.

How did Mrs. Chen see her? She remembered Mrs. Chen left the Luo Mansion to live with Mrs. Chen's daughter-in-law and to take care of Mrs. Chen's grandchildren when she was a twelve-year-old.

At her funeral, Mrs. Chen had sobbed as much as her father. She looked at her surroundings. Why wasn't she at the cemetery? What was she doing in her bedroom at the Luo Mansion?

"Mistress, did you dream about your mother?"Mrs. Chen asked, looking worried.

"Your mother was stubborn. What good did stubbornness do for your mother? I can't believe your mother hasn't been gone that long, and yet your father remarried. Your father told the household that he's bringing his new wife and her son here today."

Mrs. Chen's heart hurt for Luo An Hai. How could Luo An Hai's father be that inconsiderate and bring home a step-mother for Luo An Hai so soon after Luo An Hai's mother's death? What if Luo An Hai's step-mother mistreats Luo An Hai?

While Mrs. Chen worried about Luo An Hai's well-bring, Luo An Hai's heart was full of confusion and suspicion. She didn't understand what Mrs. Chen meant by her father's new wife.

"Mrs. Chen, did my mother pass away three months ago?" Luo An Hai asked.

"Yes mistress," Mrs. Chen said. "Your father isn't a man. How can a man marry another woman just three months after your mother's passing?"

Mrs. Chen's reply confirmed Luo An Hai's chaotic suspicion.

"Mrs. Chen, can you go outside?" Luo An Hai asked. "I want alone time to clear my head."

"Mistress, you look pale," Mrs. Chen said. "Do you want me to call a doctor?"

"I'm fine," Luo An Hai said, smiling faintly. "Mrs. Chen, I think I heard someone at the front door. Perhaps they're here. You should go greet them."

"Mistress, have you forgotten?" Mrs. Chen asked. "Your father told you he wants you to greet them at the front door."

Mrs. Chen was angry at Luo An Hai's father. What sort of a father demanded their grieving daughter to welcome a step-mother after losing their mother three months ago? But Mrs. Chen understood a servant like her had no right to lecture Luo An Hai's father.

"Mrs. Chen, I'll come downstairs soon," Luo An Hai said calmly, but there were goosebumps on her legs. "I just need to wash my face and brush my hair to look presentable."

Luo An Hai jumped out of bed after Mrs. Chen left her bedroom. She rushed to the bathroom, and her younger self that was looking back at her made her body tremble.

A familiar wrinkled blue nightgown was baggy on her younger lanky body, her hair was naturally black and sad autumn brown eyes reflected out of the mirror.

Her fourteen-year-old self looked so naive, self-righteous and rebellious. Her heart couldn't believe what her eyes proved. She had heard of wormhole theories and time travel, but they belonged in movies and books. She didn't expect time traveling to the past would happen to her.

For years her soul had roamed around the Luo Mansion after the plane crash. Yet when her soul was reborn, it entered her fourteen-year-old body on the same day her father brought home the homewrecker and Han Ting Hua.