"Oh-uh I have to go, bye." I ended the call as quickly as I could. I suddenly felt woozy, and could feel myself starting to black out ever so slowly.

******************

"Melly Belly Welly Bear!" A voice squealed getting closer with ever word. I cracked my eyes open, and propped myself up on my elbows. Anna was skipping into my room with her favorite teddy bear in her arms. It had been my teddy bear, but I gave it to her since she loved it so much.

"Argg, whatta ya want Anna?" I teased her. She jumped up onto my bed and giggled when I wrapped my arms around her tiny waist. She barely had any hair, because these past couple of months she's been going through kemo-therapy which causes hair loss.

"One Direction's here Melly!!!" She squealed, and I covered her mouth, silencing her. Already? How long had I been sleeping? I sighed and thought about--

"Ready or night, here I come! I'm gonna find you Anna!" The one and only Niall Horan yelled from the lobby. Oh god, oh god. I have to hide, and I have to hide fast. Anna crawled under my bed quickly as I pondered what I should do. I heard the pitter-patter of footsteps getting closer to my room. I jumped in the closet quickly, and peeked through the shutters. He jumped into the room and flailed his arms around. His almost white hair was slightly spiked up, ans really brought out the blue in his eyes.

"I got ya now, ya silly little girl!" He chuckled at himself, and searched behind the couch. I suddenly felt a cough coming on, and my coughs are never good. They always lead to something worse like---

I let out a throaty cough then began gagging continuously. I jumped out of the closet in complete panic mode forgetting Niall was in here. He screamed and jumped backwards.

"I-uh-trash-" I coughed again, this time with blood spewing all over my hands. Niall stood there with his eyes nearly popping out of his head. Anna scrambled out from underneath the bed, and rushed to the trashcan quickly. She shoved it towards me, then ran out of the room. I haven't eaten anything lately so all that came out was blood and water. I felt someone pull my hair back and out of the way, then rub my back soothingly. I panted for air, my chest rising and falling quickly. My heart was beating so fast it was bound to run out of my chest sooner or later. Soon the room was filled with an awkward silence. The tension built up slowly, as I breathed loudly.

"Niall." I back away from the trashcan, and he dropped my hair.

"Yeah?" He stared at me shock clearly etched across his features.

"Don't tell Harry." I croaked, then wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. Anna had rushed out of the room earlier, probably to go tell a nurse. Niall closed the door then sat down on the couch.

"Would you like to tell me what's going on?" He asked, not making eye contact with me.

"Maybe some other time, but not now." He was about to say something else when four boys barged into the room. I stood still not knowing what to do, as Harry titled his head to the side.

"I heard a scream--WHY THE HELL IS THERE BLOOD ON YOUR SHIRT?!" He screamed, noticing the blood that got on my shirt from the first cough. You stupid idiot, say something. Just tell him the truth.

"I work here, and one of the patients coughed on me." The lie sounded smooth, and a whole lot like the truth. I mentally high fived myself for the nice save. Woot woot!

"Why didn't you tell me you worked here? You should've told me." He looked hurt. Oh buddy if your hurt now, wait untill you find out the whole truth. Wait, he's never going to find out the whole truth. I won't allow it.

"I was going to surprise you when you got here!" I yelled enthusiastically. Since when did I become such a great liar? Harry grinned and held his arms out for me to hug him. I stripped off my t-shirt, so I was only wearing my tank top. I launched myself into his arms and he lifted me off the ground a bit. I inhaled his scent, which still smelt the same. He'll always be my same ole Harry. A million memories coursed through my brain as I embraced my best friend. Our first bike ride, When he broke his arm, I taught him how to knit, All the movie nights. I remembered when my boyfriend cheated on me and Harry was there to cheer me up. The poor lad let me cry on his shoulder until I fell asleep.

"Mel, you can let go now.." Harry tried to pry me off of him, and I felt unwanted. Did he not want me to hug him. Maybe we aren't best friends anymore, I mean he does have these four gorgeous boys. Of course we weren't best friends anymore, what was I thinking.

"Maybe I didn't want to." I pushed off of him, and ignored the worried looks he was giving me. I smiled at the other three boys that I haven't officially met in person.

"Liam, Louis, Zayn!" I pulled them all in for a group hug. They all chorused their hellos, and smiled at me.

"We have some catching up to do Melody." Harry said. What if he finds out about my parents? Will he be mad because I lied to him? I began to panic. What if he finds out about my cancer? I know he'll never talk to me again if he does.

"Uh...let's go meet some of the kids first!" I shouted, and glanced at Niall. He was watching me with such an intense stare, I felt like he was sucking the life out of me. I glared at him, before happily skipping out of the room grabbing Harry's hand on the way out. He chuckled, and squeezed my hand while following. I heard the other boys trailing behind us whispering things that I couldn't hear. We walked into the lounge room where most of the kids were. A couple of the girls turned their heads then squealed with joy. I love how five boys can make such an impact in people's lives.

"Ohmygawd! It's Harry Styles!" One of the 13 year old girls squealed and ran over to us.

"Harry meet Georgina, Georgina meet-" I began

"I know who he is!" She squealed, and pulled him away from me. He smiled apologetically back at me, before getting thrown onto the couch. There were girls from the hospital piling around all the boys now, so I decided now is the best time for a clean get away. I quickly sneaked away hoping that nobody saw me. I ran into the bathroom when I got close, and shut the door quietly behind me. 

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. I sat on the bathroom counter and held my head in my hands. Tell him everything! My brain screamed at me to tell him. But my heart knew that It'd be way too much for someone to handle. I'm not quite sure how Harry would react. He probably wouldn't ever talk to me again. I couldn't handle that. He's my best friend, and I love him to death. He's the only thing I have left, I can't lose him. I won't loose him.

"Melody, you need to tell me what's going on, right now." A familiar Irish accent sounded from my right. I screamed, and almost fell off of the counter. Niall caught me, and propped me back up. 

"Niall! Why are you in here?!" I got off the counter, and strode to the door. I opened it and was about to leave when Niall grabbed my wrist. I turned to look at him. We stared at each other for the longest time. His blue eyes clashing with my blue eyes.

"You can't run forever. Sooner or later, you're going to have to tell me."