Chapter 30: A small get together. (Final chapter)

Start from the beginning

"Is the meat almost ready?"

"Yup." He says popping the 'p'.

"So according to your son you're the best cook ever." He chuckles.

"And you don't agree to that?" He wraps his arms around my waist and my arms go around his neck.

"I didn't say that." I peck his lips. "Now focus on the meat. Wouldn't want it to get burned."

"Says the one who comes here to distract me." My lips form a perfect 'o'.

"So now it's my fault if the meat gets burned?" I tease.

"I didn't say that." He mocks me.

"Come on." I release him from my grip and swat his butt. "Get to grilling." He chuckles and focuses back on the grill. I make my way to the table and sit next to Nicole. She stops her conversation with Logan and turns towards me.

"Thank you so much for introducing me, Joni. Logan is amazing." She whispers.

"You're welcome Nikki." I smile. "I hope you two become very happy together." She rolls her eyes and chuckles.

"Joni, we just met." I shrug. She chuckles again.

"Meat is ready!" James announces.

"I'll go help James. Have fun with Logan." I give her a wink and once again walk back to James. I help James get all the meat and put everything on the table. "Dig in everyone." We all start eating and Nicholas sure was right James is best cook ever. After we all eat everyone helps clean the table and we do the dishes. We all settle in the living room. "Dinner was amazing." I compliment James.

"Why thank you." he leans down and kisses me.

"Yet again. PG guys." Kendall interrupts our kiss. I giggle. Our relationship hasn't changed since high school.

~Flashback.~

James and I walk into history class together, hand in hand. Luckily our teacher wasn't here yet. I sit down on a table and James stands in between my legs. Everyone in class was minding there own business and so were we. He leans down and kisses me passionately, very passionately. We were almost making out. We were so into each other that we didn't even notice the teacher enter. She clears her throat. "Miss Diamond." She says sternly. Without really wanting it James and I break apart. "And Mr. Maslow?" She says quite surprised, surely not expecting James, her best student, to be making out in her class.

"We're sorry Mrs. Santos." James apologizes as the polite guy he is.

"I'm not." I mumble only loud enough for James to hear me. I see he wants to hold back a chuckle. He offers his hand and I take it. He helps me off the table and I make my way to the back of the class, slowly releasing James' hand. He sits down in his usual place in front of the class. I quickly get bored and take out my phone.

Joni: Baaaaaabe, I miss your lips *pouty face* <3

I look over at James and I can tell he's tense. I know he wants to check his phone but he's always so scared to get caught. He finally takes out his phone and reads the message.

James: Aww baby. Just a few more minutes until school is over. <3

Joni: Pfff still too long if you ask me <3

James: Haha you'll manage to get through this. <3

Joni: I'd rather get through this with your lips on mine <3

James: Baby, you have no idea how much I'm fighting urge just to stand up and kiss you. <3

Joni: Just do it !! <3

James: I don't want to end up in the principal's office babe. <3

"Mr. Maslow?" Mrs. Santos interrupts our conversation.

"Huh?" James answers not knowing what she asked. For once it wasn't me.

"Not paying attention Mr. Maslow? I'm not used to this kind of behavior from you."

"Sorry Mrs. Santos." He apologizes and she continues with her lesson.

~End Of Flashback.~

"I'll be right back." James says out of the bleu. He swiftly kisses my cheek and runs off. Well that was weird. A few minutes later he enters the living room again like nothing happened. "May I have everyone's attention please." He says while walking over to me. "I did not invite you guys here for no reason." I give James a confused look. I have absolutely no idea what he's talking about. "Boo, we been together for a long time and I've never been so happy. With you by my side I know that whatever happens everything will be alright. These last few weeks have been hard on us but I never stopped loving you and I always will continue loving you. I can only hope that counts for you too because honestly I have no idea what I would do without you. To make sure that after all this crap you'll still love me forever, I want to ask you something." He gets down on one knee while still holding onto my hands. "Nicholas!" He calls. Nicholas comes in holding onto a small black velvet box. He hands it over to James and stands next to us. "Joni Diamond, will you do me the honor of renewing the vow you made to me 7 years ago?" He opens the little box to reveal the exact same engagement ring he gave me years ago. I can see the unsure look on his face, not knowing wether this was a good idea or not. Everyone is silent, anxiously waiting for my responds. I lean my forehead on his and cup his face.

"You're such a dork." I say with a smile.

"Is that a no?" I shake my head.

"No that's a yes."

"Yes?" He asks just to be sure.

"Yes." I confirm. He smiles brightly as his arms creep around my waist while he stands up. He hugs me tight and kisses me repeatedly while everybody cheers.

"I love you. I love you so freaking much." He says in between kisses.

"I love you too. Never doubt that." He leans down for one more long, passionate, sparks flying kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The end.

Thank you all so much for reading 'We Are.', for all the votes and all the lovely comments. It means the world to me. <3

No sequel...for now because I wanna work on my other stories. But if you would like one you can always let me know. I also like it when other people would like write an imagine about what they think would/could happen so if anyone is up for that PLEASE DO!!

Please read my other stories. I have a Carlos one that I'm gonna start soon now that this one is finished.

I love you all so so much <3
And I'm gonna end this with a quote of one of my favorite songs and also the quote I started this book with.

Thinking, we don't wanna get caught up in over thinking
We only got tonight
Moments, we gotta keep on living for these moments
'Cause this is our time <3

-JonasRush <3