part 5

After a week the team India had fitness test to form a proper team for upcoming major tournaments and series.

Virat did not attend the test thinking that team can't replace him at this time because he is overpowering each and every bowler. India needs him.

Confidence is good but overconfidence can destroy you.

Dhoni came to know about this and the next day he went to virat's home.

Delhi,  Virat's home

Early on the Sunday morning of December Saroj and were busy making Aloo ke parathe for breakfast.
Virat and Aarav (his nephew) we're playing video game.

Bell rung.
Ting tong.

Aarav ran to open the door...
But little aarav wasn't able to open it.
He was jumping to open the door 
Meanwhile his virat chachu Came and picked him up so that Aarav can open the door.  (how cute 😊)

Mahi was at the door. Virat was surprised.

"Mah.... Mahi... Mahi Bhai aap Yaha ? I mean aiyena andar. " He stammered but mahi didn't respond.

Virat guided him to living room.
When Saroj and chetna came.
They greeted him and Mahi touched Saroj 's feet as gesture of respect.

Saroj was impressed. The fear she had when virat joined the team for first time as she thought all the big names are rude and arrogant and virat won't be able to adjust.
Her respect for mahi grew.

Chetna served water and tea. While Mahi was busy playing with Aarav who was sitting in his lap.

Virat was hell confused and scared as mahi didn't talk to him.

After few time chetna took aarav for lunch. Saroj too went to look after the preparations of lunch.

It was only Mahi and Virat left.

"You didn't attend the fitness camp? " Mahi asked.

"Ya actually I had to attend one of relatives functions here " Virat replied.

Mahi nodded positively as it was a genuine reason.

"Aur vaise bhi it was team selection and I know I will be there in the team for sure nobody can replace me right now. "

This was it.
Mahi sensed the overconfidence.

"Who told you ? That nobody can replace you.

"Actually I came here to inform you that You are out from the squad for this year actually we got another batsman who is FIT.... So team decided that we don't need to play with two right hand batsman,  right arm medium bowler. "

"What? But mahi Bhai I was already playing then why did you go for another option and I am performing well.... I'm fit too"

"U are fit? Show me the certificate from BCCI "

"How can I? I haven't attended that. You know that. Please mahi Bhai don't do this. "

"Sorry Virat I can't do anything. I need certificate to consider any player fit. "
Mahi was cold in tone.

"Bhai please don't do this to me.... I'm really sorry. "

Mahi didn't respond for few seconds.

S

mall update because of small response I got in my previous update 🙂

Thank you to genuine readers will update soon. And with a twist ☺