Chapter Two

Chapter 2

Trinity woke up with the sunrise. She gently freed herself from Jay's arms, in an attempt to not wake him. He stirred, rolling over, clutching the blankets and the couch cushions. She laughed to herself and walked in the kitchen to make a coffee. She always had a coffee of Iced Coffee as her morning wake up. After making her coffee she wrapped her hands around the mug to warm them. She ventured outside, breathing in the fresh sea air. She sat down on the cane couch on the cabin verandah. She closed her eyes again and revelled in the warm feeling of the early morning sun on her skin. The cabin door creaking open broke her from her thoughts.

"Good morning, gorgeous." She said to Jay, as he stretched.

"Good morning, beautiful." He said, sitting next to her. He playfully pulled her towards him. "I freaked out when I woke up and you weren't there."

"Sorry." She said.

"It doesn't matter." He said kissing her hard, parting her lips to deepen their morning kiss. "So whats the plans for today?" he asked, with an arm around her shoulder.

"A trip to the beach." She said, excitedly, jumping up from the couch and kissing him softly and quickly on the lips.

Jay followed Trinity inside and into the kitchen. Trinity extracted a pack of Breakfast slice bacon and a carton of eggs from the fridge. Jay grabbed her around the waist, pulling her away from the fridge. The fridge door shut on automatic technology. "Jay, what did you do that for?"

He edged back, not really sure what he should be feeling. There was something in Trinity's voice that he didn't like and didn't recognise. "I'm sorry," he said, "it's just that I love holding you in my arms."

Trinity didn't look at him. She was searching for a frying pan, when she said "Yeah, well that's great. But I wish you didn't have to touch me every fucking second of the day." Jay walked out of the kitchen, completely taken aback by Trinity's words. She seemed too cute and way too innocent and naive to swear. He went into the bathroom and sat on the toilet. He could hear Trinity beginning to cook the bacon. He felt guilty. He liked her so much, but he didn't want to hurt her. He knew he had though and he had to make it up to her. In the bedroom, Jay picked up the yellow pages to search for a florist nearby. He found one and dialled, ordering flowers to be delivered to the cabin in about half and hour. After ordering the flowers, Jay walked out into the kitchen, not sure if he was ready to face Trinity's temper. When he walked into the kitchen, she looked up from the plates she was piling the bacon and eggs on. Jay could see something in her eyes and he knew what it was straight away. It was fear. As every second passed, he understood her more and as every minute passed he found himself falling in love with her. "Wow, this looks great." He said as Trinity handed him a plate piled high with bacon and two eggs.

"Yeah, whatever." She said, sitting down on the couch and flicking on the TV. Jay knew there was something wrong. He gulped down his bacon and eggs and went to sit on the couch by Trinity. She didn't move or speak but kept pushing her bacon and eggs around her plate with her fork. "Trinity." Jay said, reaching out to touch her arm. She shuddered. Jay could see the tears in her eyes. He just looked at her, awaiting her response. Trinity put her plate on the coffee table and edged closer to Jay on the couch, collapsing against his chest in tears. He ran his hand through her hair. "Tell me." Jay said, without even realising he had spoken. "I'm scared Jay," she said, pausing to look up at him, with her tear stained face, "I'm feeling things for you I shouldn't be feeling."

He kissed her on the forehead. "Yeah I know," he said, "Me too."

Trinity cuddled back into his chest and without looking at him she spoke; "I think I'm falling..." she coughed, choking on her words.

He knew what she was going to say, and he was feeling the same. He kissed her softly, before speaking. "I know Trinity. I'm falling in love with you too." That was all Trinity needed to hear to let her guard down. She felt so much better knowing her feelings weren't one sided. She kissed Jay hard and rather passionately, pushing him down on the couch. "Woah," Jay said, "Hold on a minute sweetie."

Trinity looked at him puzzled, "Why?" she said.

"Because I think I heard someone at the door."

"Don't be silly Jay. No one knows we are here."

"Well, go and check anyway. Just in case." Trinity got up and went to the door. Opening it, on the doorstep she found a bunch of five white tulips. A little card was attached, that read: Dear Trinity,

I'm sorry. You're beautiful. I want to hold you always.

Love Jay.

Trinity picked up the flowers, shut the door and ran over to Jay, who was now standing by the couch. "I told you to go to the door."

"Thankyou." She said, reaching up to kiss him.

So are you still up for that beach trip?" Jay asked, taking Trinity's hand in his.

"I guess so." Trinity walked the bedroom to collect her things.

"Jay," she called back, "don't you wear bathers?"

"Oh are we going swimming." He commented, not really as a question.

"Um, yeah." Trinity said, walking out in her purple polka dot bikini and matching sarong. Jay wanted to grab her and to touch her skin, like he never been able to before.

"Woah," he said, oogling the girl in front of him, "What did I do to deserve this privilege?"

"Nothing," Trinity said, wrapping her sarong tighter, "These are the only bathers I have and I can't remember why I bought them now."

"I know why." Jay muttered as he walked into the bedroom to change and collect his things. He was out in about two seconds. "I'm ready," he said, "I'm so ready."