Prologue+ Chapter 1 Trident Cove

Tell me if I should give up on the other stories. I don't think their that good. I was swimming yesterday and I was wondering what it would be like to be a mermaid. So here's a new story!! Hopefully I stick with this one!

////////////////////

Trident Cove

Prologue

My name is Afrodite Tornado. My hair is red. My eyes are an icy blue. I have a average body. I turned 16 last week. I live by the seaside in a boat called The King. The King was the last thing left behind by my father. If I would ask about him my mom would get a dazed look and say 'I don't want to talk about it.' A guy named Charles is a weird friend of my mother's. He comes over with cookies or some pastry. My favorite colors are purple, green, red, and blue. What I didn't know was that my life was about to entirely change.

Trident Cove

Chapter 1

I woke up from sleep and laid there staring at my star covered ceiling. I smiled because today was my first day of my swimming class. My mother never let me go swimming or go near water since I was born. I climbed out of bed and put my blue bikini. I grabbed a towel, some blue sandals, and a bag of extra clothes. I walked out my and down the hall to my mother's bedroom. She was snoring.

"Thank you, saturday!" I mumbled. I grabbed a cup of salt water and walked outside. I shivered. It was cold for 8:00 in the morning.

"Hey, Ro!" I looked up from my cup and saw my high school enemies.

"Well, well, isn't the freak." The leader of all of them. I glanced at my used to be best friend. She got tired of being teased because she hung out with me. I walked past them into the gym/swimming pool.

"Okay, class! Today we- You're late Ms. Tornado."

"Sorry, Ms. Lovely."

Her name is nice but not her mouth. My enemies walked in as if they were there whole time.

"Today, we will learn how to deep dive." I sighed when the boys' swimming team came in. They would whistle and rape us with there eyes. Only one boy actually listened to his coach. He had black, straight hair that matched his green-blue dull eyes. We would catch each other's eyes sometimes or mumble a hi. I heard the coach's whistle and dived. I swam straight down but my legs seemed like they were stuck together. I tried to swim back up but I sank. My supply of air was dangerously low. I sucked in the water on accident before my head hit the bottom of the 15 feet deep pool. I felt a pair of cool hands before I fainted.

I squinted at the light in front of me. I sat up and noticed I was in the arms of a male. He smirked.

"Could you put me down?" I asked. He set me on my feet and I stumbled a little.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. Did you save me?"

"Yes." He smiled.

"Thanks. My name's Afrodite." I said.

"Hercules." He grimanced. I giggled then looked down at his 6 pack.

"What?"

"You sure look like one. Anyway I got to go. Thanks for the save Hercules." I laughed. He smiled and walked towards the boys' changing lockers. I grabbed

My towel and wrapped it around me. What happened under the water? Why did I sink? And how did Hercules get to me so fast?

'I don't know but I'm going to find out.' I thought. I slipped on some white shorts and a blue tank top. I slipped back on my sandals and walked out the gym.