Chapter 2

There's something about the wind wiping in your face and the sweet purr of the engine that made riding my bike in town an escape. Escape from secrets and a confined lifestyle. I never really was allowed to ride this bike, my dad was so possessive of it. I did learn on some of the other bikes we had at the age of eight. My dad would bring me to the roads of Alkali Lake where there were no cars, or any vehicles, that ever came there. It was always just us. I was a quick learner and got the hang of it.

But here it was different. I couldn't go as fast as I wanted and I always had to keep an eye on the many other cars. Here cars flooded the roads and it was always frustrating to wait for them to move. Even eight years after leaving the mansion and I still can't get used to the crowded streets of Brooklyn.

I looked up at the red light and and tapped my fingers impatiently on the handles of my Harley. Thankfully, after a century, the light turned green and I got my engine ready drive. But the car in front of me wouldn't move. I got a good look into the car's window and saw a girl, about seventeen, chatting away on her phone. I rolled my eyes and honked my motorcycle to get her attention. She dropped the phone and looked back at me. She gave me a disgusted look and soon drove off. Humans could be so stupid.

I drove past the traffic lights and off into the rode. I parked in the lot of Walmart, put the lock on it, and went into the store. I looked over my list and got everything that I was running low on in my apartment. I went to the cash register, which was managed by a young man about my age. He check all my things with a smile, but a weird flirtatious smile.

"Would this be all, sweetie?" he said seductively.

"Yes," I said with my teeth clenched. "And don't call me sweetie."

"Ah, c'mon. Don't be like that," he said as I started to walked away. "I'll buy you anything you want in this store for just one date."

I turned around and gave him a disgusted look. "Really? That's how you want to get a date? By material things. You repulse me." I started to walk out the store but then stopped and decided to have a little fun. I looked over to the boy and concentrated on the cash register he was working on. It soon started to rattle as the the guy started panicking and backing away. The register exploded and money started flying everywhere and coins rattled on the ground.

The worker looked at me with fear. "Oh my god!"

"You might want to get that fixed," I retorted. I turned back to the exit and walked out with confidence and a giant smirk on my face.

I walked over to my bike when I saw a man squatting on the ground playing with it. It looked like he was about to take it and run. I wasn't going to stand and let someone take my bike, it was the only thing left I had of my dad.

I got ready to use my powers on him if necessary and ran over to him. "Hey!" I yelled. I was about to grab him when he stood up and held his hands up in surrender. He was actually quite handsome for a robber, with shiney his blonde hair. He also seemed very built under his blue t-shirt. I wonder why he would want to take a bike when he looks like he's not exactly homeless.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. I was just trying to fix it," he said quickly. His blue eyes read sincerity, butI didn't buy his excuse.

"Fixing what?" I said angrily.

"The lock on your bike broke. Anyone could've stole it if I didn't fix it."

I do remember not doing something right with the lock. I relaxed myself and laughed at my stupidity. I sighed and said, "Oh. Well thanks. I'm Samantha, but you can call me Sam."

"Steve Rogers," he said and paused and looked at my shirt. I got uncomfortable with that and start covering it up with my jacket. "You work for SHIELD?"