a short love lost in seconds

I laid in bed at five in the morning. I was still hoping I could get at least ten minutes of sleep before I went to school. It's been this way for a few weeks now. I just can't sleep when he's not by my side. My mate. My amazing Aaron.

We have gotten into fights before, but usually one of us would cave within a day or two. It's been three weeks since he has even looked at me. I'm scared that he has moved on. I haven't seen him with another girl yet. I think that would be the thing to truly kill me. For two reasons. One seeing someone else with my mate. And two for knowing that our bond may be holding him back from being happy. All I want is for him to be happy.

At five thirty I knew there wasn't any use. I got out of bed and just threw on some clothes, not bothering trying to match anything up. It's not like I have anyone to impress today.

Grab the gun.

I stood confused for a second. This is the first time I have heard anything from my wolf in weeks. Why would I need the gun?

She never answered back. She has also never leaded me in the wrong direction before. So with faith I went into my dad's office and grabbed the pistol he keeps taped underneath. It was a lot heavier than I would have thought. I guess it made sense, physically.

Lately I have had to walk to school. Aaron would drive me. He would always come extremely early so we could have heated make out sessions in his car. Goddess I miss his lips. His touch. His smell. A small tear slid down my cheek but I quickly wiped it away.

I look at my phone to see what time it is and I am stuck staring at the date. January sixteenth. It's my birthday.

I shake my head and keep going.

Walking onto campus, I'm a bit edgy with my dad's gun on me. I really want to know why she would want me to take it.

I could feels all eyes on me. which was pretty weird. It's not like I was the Luna or anything. They all stared at me with pity, as if they all knew something I didn't. What could it be?

I got my answer as I entered the hall and saw Aaron, my Aaron, with another girl. I could feel my heart sinking into my chest. He did it. He moved on. He doesn't want me anymore.

We must do whatever it takes to make him happy.

I look at him and I can see him smile. How I have missed seeing him smile, laugh and have fun. I would do anything to see him smile.

If he truly wants to move on, he can never be happy with our bond still intact. The only way to break it is to...

I get it now.

Should I really do it? Maybe they are just friends. Maybe...

Aaron slowly strokes a hair out of this girls face and leans in and kisses her. It was a quick kiss and he almost seemed frustrated in a way. He was probably upset that our bond is preventing him from enjoying it.

He then looks at me and smirks. Not the cute adorable smirk he gives me when we are playing around. This one was dark, synical. He looked like he was winning. What was he winning? Was he glad he hurt me so deeply?

I guess if he want me to hurt, then I will.

I had to do it in a flash. I had to be quick. Or someone could come and ruin everything and I would always be looked at as pathetic. I would be know as the mate who couldn't do everything she could to make sure her mate was happy. This is what he wanted. Otherwise why would he act like this.

I reached into my bag and the second my fingers touched the pistol things began to slow down. As I began to grip the gun Aaron continued to smirk. Maybe he knows what I'm doing and he's anticipating it.