Family Theory

Artemi

"Hello sir, how can I help you?"

"What is your most extravagant engagement ring" I ask and the guy smiles.

"Those are words I like to hear" the man nods signaling for me to follow him. "So what all do you know about rings" he asks as he slides behind a counter of a bunch of really big and really bright rings.

"Nothing" I admit.

"Is there anything specific you wanted" he wonders.

"It has to be like my girlfriend; one of a kind, nothing like it. It has to brighten a room just like her too. Simply beautiful in every way possible, not a bad angle to be seen, amazing from every direction. It has to be deep, it doesn't seem like it's all that nice until you get real close. Then you really can't deny it's beauty" I explain and the man smiles.

"You sound very found of your girlfriend. How long have you been together" he asks.

"About a year and a half" I smile.

"That's sweet. Can I see a picture of you guys together" he asks and I nod.

I pull out my phone and have a hard time showing him just one picture. She looks amazing in all of them. I find a picture of her and I playing with our dogs from earlier in November, we had both of our dogs in front of us waiting to throw the ball for them to fetch. She was laughing at me because I probably said something silly just to hear her laugh. It was one of my favorite pictures.

I turn my phone to the man and he smiles big.

"I have just the one" he announces. He starts to walk again and I follow him around. He walks up to a case and opens it with his key. He puts a glove on his hand before reaching in the case and pulling out a ring.

Immediately I was impressed for it was so shiny I felt like I needed glasses. And I know gabby doesn't need the big and shiny ring to know whether or not she wanted to marry me, but I wanted a ring that is beautiful enough to sit on her finger and I think I found it.

"This is the only ring like it out there

"This is the only ring like it out there. Many people will be enchanted by the large diamond in the center, but you girlfriend won't notice that. She'll notice all the little things that surround it that makes the big thing seem more than it actually is. Just like it's the little things in her that make your world turn" he explains.

"It's perfect" I gasp looking at it.

"It's a bit expensive" he starts.

"Is it more than $800,000" I ask.

"Not even close" he laughs.

"Then we're fine. Do you think I can get it engraved" I ask.

"Yeah, what do you want it to say" he wonders.