lxi.

❝ i can't promise you that you'll ever live in a world where people don't hurt your feelings. but, i can promise you that if you keep on moving and taking one day at a time, the opinions and words of people who hurt you will matter less and less to you. people are going to say things about you that aren't true, and i just want you, in those moments, to look in the mirror and understand what you ARE and what you ARE NOT. you are NOT somebody else's opinion of you. you are NOT damaged goods just because you've made a few mistakes in your life. you are NOT going nowhere just because you haven't arrived at your final destination yet. what you ARE is wiser and stronger BECAUSE you've made mistakes. what you ARE is brave for living your life in such a daring way that you take risks to make mistakes. what you ARE is someone whose walked through a bunch of rain storms, but continues to put one foot in front of the other. and i think, in 25 years, i'm still learning every single day, but one thing that i do know is that pain actually makes you stronger. and that walking though rain storms does NOT make you damaged, if you keep going, that makes you... clean.

-taylor swift

[ a/n: i really hope you actually took the time to read this bc god bless taylor swift for saying this. if you very get the chance to read the whole thing, please do it. i promise you won't regret it ]