01

Hey, I'm Kay, and I'm bad at intros so let's get into it//

The class room was always noisy, but today, seemed different. It was louder than usual, ear piercing. Finn stared at his phone in the back, mumbling at the dumb comment he heard.

Mostly about summer, what they did, where people went, but, something caught his hearing. "There's a new kid coming."

Finn looked up from his phone, he mumbled a few words, "Thank god, I won't be the new kid anymore." Finn hated being the new kid, no one really cared for him. Or, he never put himself out there.

Only a couple of the kids in that class he new, Wyatt, Jaeden, Sophia, and Chosen. Other than that, strangers..

The class quieted down when the teacher walked in, with a boy quite shorter than him.

"O-oh my god, he's cute." He whispered to himself, hoping no one would hear.

The boy's hair was light brown, the curls spewed everywhere around his face. His lips were pink, cheeks rosie, and eyes, light brown.

"Good Morning, class. Today we have a brand new student." The boy's eyes brightened, knowing it was him.  The teacher signed to the shorter boy. He nodded, laughing.

The boy stood up, moving his hands rapidly. The teacher replied, "Hi, my name is Jack." The boy signed again, seeing his hand fly past. "I am mute." He smiled, walking to his seat.

Finn sat in his seat, and thought to himself; I need to talk to him, I need to be his friend. Finn was sad, for he developed a crush.

It was lunch time, and he was at his usual table. "You see, I was walking down the s-st.." He saw Jack walking around, his cheeks blushed, not finding a seat or table.

"J-jack!" He said nervously. "Over here!" Finn grinned, and Jack rushed over, smiling.

The gang was confused, they looked back at Jack, then Finn, then Jack, then Finn. Wyatt broke the silence. "Oh! Hey, I'm Wyatt and you are?" He say there confused.

Finn pitched in, "This is Jack! He's in my first period, and he's mute."

"Wait, so he can't hear what I'm saying write now?" Jaeden spat out, he leaned closely into Jack using his hands to guide his words. "I like pineapple on pizza."

Finn slapped him, "Jae, what the actual fuck, he's not deaf, he just can't speak."

Jack giggled, watching the confusion. Finn lost his breath, his face went bright red. Finn thought in his head, oh-oh my god, that was so fucking cute.

"Hey, breathings necessary to stay alive, idiot." Sophia laughed, she took sign language all her life, before her mother passed away, her mother was deaf.

"I'm sorry, my friends are idiot." Sophia moved. Jack laughed lifting up his hands.
"It's okay, Finn's pretty cute." He said, his face went bright red, letting out a groan. "Please, don't tell him that."

"I promise I won't, it's a secret." She laughed, the gang looking confused.

"W-wait, what'd he say?" Finn spoke, Jack looked at Sophia, shaking his head, no.

"He was telling me about his home life." Soph said, smiling at Jack.

The bell rang, and the lunch table groaned. "Walk me to my class?" Finn said, Jack nodded, blushing brightly.

Finn scribbled on a piece of paper his number handing it to Jack, shakily. "I thought you might want this, for future projects, r-right?" Jack agreed nodding his head, grabbing it shoving it in his pocket.

The bell rang again, notifying they had only one minute left. Finn rushed to his next class, blushing tremendously.

What a wonderful first day.