Part 6

Abhimanyu:  Raj....Your posting orders are here along with the apology letter from the ministry. How they think, one letter can erase all that they ve done to you is beyond me. Anyway, all the cadet's postings are here too, I ll give it to them after the graduation ball. Better let them enjoy in peace. Raj...u listening ?

Raj: Yes  Chauhan. 

Abhimanyu: Are you ok ? the sedatives still messing with your head ? Anyway, I have some news which will lift your spirits. It hasn't been announced yet, but someone is getting a promotion for discovering the red box and clearing Naveen's name.

Raj : What ?

Abhimanyu: Yes Raj...I heard it from the minister's PA itself.

Raj: But Chauhan, It wasn't just me. You and Naina had helped me crack the code to get to the red box.

Abhimanyu: Yes, but it was you who investigated Naveen's case for 4 years and had  aquired all the information. Naina and me just put the pieces together, but you were the one who got us all the pieces. Naina made a special mention of all that in her report.

Raj : But Chauhan...I am sorry. I will send a letter to the ministry about your help. This isn't fair.

Abhimanyu:  Raj, please don't spoil the mood with your rules, or I will have to start calling you " Usul Bhai" instead of Ali. Raj, I am the most happy now since I have ever been. Naveen's name is cleared, you are back. I have never felt more light or clear about what I want in my life. Please don't complicate this. I am not jealous of you, and you should not be the one taking the hit the hit for my insecurities. I am sorry I did this to you before.

Rajveer smiled and hugged Chauhan.  They sat down, and talked and laughed like old times again.

Abhimanyu : (laughing) ahh..Raj...I missed you.  Chalo, mein nikalta hu. I need to buy a suit for the ball.

Raj: Hey, Can I come with you. I have nothing either.

When they come back, to the academy, Raj goes to find Shalini.

Dr Shalini : Captain, kaha the aap ? Aapne afternoon ke medicines liye? aur ..

Rajveer: Doc....mein bilkul theek hu, meine saare medicines liye, and kept myself hydrated. Acha suniye, I need a small favor.

Rajveer was fidgeting. This was a little embarassing.

Raj : Yeh packet mein saree with matching set hai. umm.....gift hai actually.

Dr Shalini : (with a mischievous twinkle)Oh...aap mere liye gift laye..how thoughtful of you captain. Aap itne khush hai ki mein aapke saath ball jaa rahi hu, ki aap mere liye gift le aaya...how sweet.

Rajveer: Nahi...aap k liye nahi..I mean.

Dr Shalini : (laughing at his state) Ok Captain, Ok. I get it. Let me guess.  You bought this gift as a graduation present for your favorite cadet, but want me to give to her instead. Am I right ? Well , the answer is No. I will give it to her if you want, but I am going to make sure, she knows it is from YOU.

Saying this, Shalini grabbed the box and made her way to the girls hostel.

Naina is making the preparations for the ball. Making sure all cadets got the invitations, the venue is decorated. She was on call with the J, when Dr Shalini tapped her on the back. 

Dr Shalini: Cadet Singh, I know ki tumne party k liye saare preparations ache se kar liye, but tumhare saathi cadets sab parlour mein khud ko groom kar rahe hai, aur tum yaha ? Please tell me you have atleast the dress picked out to wear.

Naina: umm...No mam, actually wo ministry report, phir graduation, I just din't get the time. But no worries Mam. Koi dress code nahi hai, so I ll wear the skirt I wore last christmas party.

Dr Shalini: Cadet Singh, C'mon. You are not going to do any such thing. And that's why I am here.  Here, in this packet is all you need. Think of me as your fairy godmother. ( Although, this time prince charming bought the stuff).

Naina: Mam, yeh sab..

  Dr Shalini: Graduation present hai Cadet. Now C'mon, go get ready.

Naina: Thank You so much Mam.

As Naina turned, Shalini said" Thanks Capt Rajveer se kehna, Cadet. Bye."

Naina turned back in shock, but Shalini had left the scene.