The Calm Before the Storm

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"That's fantastic. Who is it? Family dinner is coming up, I want to meet her"

"Well dad... it's not... a her" his face flattened and his eyebrows furrowed together "I-it's a him" he removed his hand which had still been on my shoulder, and leaned back in disbelief.

"Wh-what are you saying Stiles?"

"I'm gay dad, and I'm with Derek"

He stood up slowly and looked down at me. The happy loving man that had taken up residence in the space beside me had gone, and now he was someone I couldn't recognize. He stared straight through me.

"What did I do wrong?

"Wha-"

"You can't be a damn fairy!" he turned searching all over the house like the answer was lying somewhere under the years that filled the old house.

"Dad-" I reached out to calm him and he jerked away just as fast.

"Don't touch me. I am not your father" he let out a deep sigh pulling at the bridge of his nose "I want you, and your things out of here by sunrise" with that he gave me a final disgusted look and disappeared up the stairs.

Something broke inside of me. I was always amazed at how fast things could change in a matter of seconds. He wanted me gone and he meant it. I didn't bother to wipe away the tears that were falling as I trudged up the stairs. I took what I knew I needed, and the only things that would fit in my jeep. I grabbed my duffle bag stuffing it full of all my clothes, my laptop, my pictures, and all of my books. By the time I had finished my shirt was soaked in tears and dad-Noah had yet to come out of his room. On my way down I grabbed the first bottle of booze I could reach from his liquor cabinet. I thought about Derek and my promise all the way to the jeep. He was enough for me but right now it wasn't about him, or the pack, it was about me. I threw the cap out the window and took the biggest swig I could. Letting it burn the back of my throat I repeated this two more times before starting the car.

I drove to Miller creek. My mother use to take me here when she was alive. It was last place we came before she got sick. I stumbled to a bench overlooking the park. The streetlights reflected off the water making the entire place twinkle. I stared dumbfounded as I found myself crying harder than before. I took another long drink before falling to the ground onto my knees "I'm so sorry!" I cried out in a raspy tone. I was a few drinks away from finishing the bottle when my phone rang. My current intoxication level denied me the chance to read the caller ID. I fished the phone from my pocket answering trying to sound like a convincing sober drunk person.

I cleared my throat "Yesss?"

"Stiles? It's Derek, where are you?"

Oh shit I was supposed to go to Derek's
" Uh... sorry *hic* I just got a little caught up"

"You okay babe?"

"Yeah yeah. I'm on my way *hic* I promise"

DEREK POV

Stiles leaped passed the iron door into the loft. He walked up to me greeting me with a quick peck on the lips. When we pulled away I scrunched up my face and furrowed my eyebrows. Stiles stepped away quickly, and made his way towards the kitchen. He sifted through the fridge trying to keep himself occupied and away from me, but I could smell it. Not just the alcohol but the sadness.

"Are you gonna make me ask?"

"Huh?"

"You've been drinking"

"Not that much"

"Stiles"

He came from the kitchen plopping on the couch "Der I really don't need this right now"

"Are you gonna tell me why?"

"No" he was getting agitated

"Stiles-"

He huffed getting up from the couch and walking out the door "That's it I'm leaving"

I followed him all the way down bugging him with every step he took. We were outside when I asked for the millionth time. He pulled his keys from his pocket but they slipped from his grasp falling to the ground. He didn't bother to pick them up he just stood there staring at his reflection in the window. When I appeared behind him he closed his eye letting out a long exasperated sigh "Derek please I said I don't want to talk about it"

I seen the packed back seat of the car, I momentarily switched my focus "Why are all your things in the car?"

He slammed his cast against the door. Stiles held his hurt hand to his chest like it would make the pain stop quicker. He then turned around pressing his back against the jeep sliding down and sitting in the dirt. His head was in his hands and for a moment he was quiet until sobs began to escape from his hands. He wiped the tears from his face throwing his head back banging it against the car lightly "I told him. I told him about us, about how I loved you, and you know what he did?" He laughed to himself "He threw me out. He said he wasn't my father and he threw me out" Stiles squinted struggling to get a handle on it "I just don't know what I did wrong"

I picked him up off the ground and he cried in my shoulder the entire way back up to the loft.