Scene 2

Days later, Farin still couldn't ignore what he had heard. In fact, the next day he had taken a peek at Bard's home as he was walking to the market, to see if those extremely unsettling noises had originated from it. Bard had been in the middle of putting a new door on the doorframe, and had paused in his effort  to offer Farin an odd smile. Farin had glanced inside the home to find a complete mess, splintered or broken wood, a broken table, and pots and pans everywhere, as well as what seemed like everything else. Farin knew instantly that he had, in fact, been right about the sounds, and that shook him to his very core. Living in Laketown was uneventful, with the most interesting things always happening, somehow, because of Bard. The bargeman was always causing trouble somehow, or at the very least greatly annoying Alfred and the Master. However, this wasn't normal, even for Bard. What had happened? Farin almost wasn't sure he wanted to find out, and he sure didn't want to ask Bard or any of his children.

Farin had been staring off into space for a few seconds too long, and Bard gave him an odd look, waving his arm in front of where Farin was looking. Farin snapped out of his haze and gave Bard an innocent smile before bustling away, trying to look busier than he really was. Being sixteen offered him a ton of options for what he could do, but also quite a bit of responsibility, which, unfortunately, included going to the market.

Farin entered the market, which was mostly in a 'clearing' of water, the tiny shops and trading boats all anchored in the shallow water (or at least more shallow than the rest of the lake). He stepped onto a tiny boat and began to row himself to a vegetable boat, kept by a friend of his mother, Breko.

He tied his boat to Breko's and greeted the burly man, before busying himself with the fruits and vegetables, a small smile on his face.